Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:38 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these and care to comment on it. Pics would be a plus(prefer the OD green one). I was thinking of getting a Mcmillan stock but they want over $600 for one!@!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll email you a pic in the morning. I have the USS in OD green. Savage heavy barrel .308 with a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mildot scope. I have not shot the gun yet. I like the stock it is big and heavy and feels good in my large hands...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'll email you a pic in the morning. I have the USS in OD green. Savage heavy barrel .308 with a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mildot scope. I have not shot the gun yet. I like the stock it is big and heavy and feels good in my large hands...

Appreciate it. Can't wait to check it out!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yaa I'm really happy with my O.D green stock for my Rem 700.Its very well built and is comfortable to shoot.It gets a lot of looks at the range too.People always think its an Accuracy International Stock from a distance.I got this one while I'm saving up for the Accuracy stock though.Lots of luck!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Savage 10FP-LE1 in an OD green Choate ultimate sniper stock. I really like the stock. Some may think its too heavy but thats one of the things I like most about it.

I like being able to adjust the harris bipod up or down along the T rail to get on target. Then use the knob on the buttstock to do the fine adjusting. This is a great feature for me since my hands shake pretty bad. It really helps alot. I can shoot 5 rounds in a 1/4" group at 100 yds with this rifle. I know thats not that great considering how alot of people on this board shoot but its not too bad with a stock rifle other than the sniper stock.

Also it comes with 2 cheek rest so you can choose the one best for you. That comes in handy since I have a 50mm objective scope and have to use the high rings.

The adjustable length of pull is nice since I'm a big guy and my arms being long its great to have a rifle I don't have to feel cramped when shooting.

I think you'll be very happy with the stock. Good luck with your purchase if you decide to get it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
pics inbound...tried to post them here but my photo host does not allow linking...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one on a 110 savage 25/06 with a 1.125 bull barrel ...the gun is just to damb heavy,yea it shoots fine ...its a tack driver
I sanded most of the stipplin off of it,even with the bedin blocks it had to be "glassed".
And when shootin of of the bi-pod the forarm likes to flex a little...
Its better than the 8$ factory stock but a far cry from a Mcmillin I been thinkin of gettin one of the new Mc's for it...so many guns so little money....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
review on Snipercountry:
www.snipercountry.com/Choate.htm
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#10]
 the Plaster Disaster is about the worst friggin idea for a field stock that has EVER been invented...it's a really bad joke to say the least...HOWEVER.....it works pretty damn great on the bench and makes shooting heavy 300 Win Mag loads a breeze.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top