Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 6:54:56 PM EDT

ANyone got one of these, or have any opinions on them??? I'm thinking of getting one for my wife for concealed carry.

Specs:

Caliber 9mm
Action Double Action Only
Capacity 10+1!
Barrel Length 3.25
Weight 16 Oz!
Sights Night Sights
Firing Pin Striker
Safety Frame Mounted Safety, Taurus Security System
Finish Polymer Frame with Shadow Gray Titanium slide.
Features
Titanium Slide, 10+1 Capacity, Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one it's not bad but I have small hands and doesn't fit quite right. Of course the trigger pull is a little long but nothing that a little practice wouldn't fix. I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun(not that great with a long arm)but (there's that word again) the accuracy ain't too bad. For concealed not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one, one of the few guns I am glad I got rid of.

The thing has a tremendous trigger pull making it hard to be accurate and darn near immpossilbe for female shooters to hope to shoot accurately.  

When I dis-assembled it the first time I got it almost hopelessly jammed.

We tried to save a few buck and got this instead of a Glock26.  We bought the Glock26 the next tday.  I eventually sold it a co-worker, he bought despite all the bad talk about it.  I told him that I warned him when I took his money.  Last I heard, he sold it to and also determined it to be a POS.

This was just my experience; however.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay Away! I had a PT140 and it was a total POS. I put one magazine through it and decided right then and there that I didn't want it any more. I had 3 light primer strikes out of 10 rounds. The trigger is long, heavy and rough. Lots of people at The Firing Line are reporting frame breakage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a good idea.  I've also read reports of frame cracks on other forums, and the trigger felt like a train wreck on the one that I tried.

On the other hand, I'm still pissed at myself for getting rid of the Kel-Tec P11 that I used to have.  Smaller, lighter, and better balanced than the Taurus, and about $50-100 cheaper, usually.  The trigger was on the heavy side, but butter smooooooth on the one that I had.  There's also plenty of accessories out there for it, such as a pin-on belt clip, and it can use S&W 59 and 69 series hi-caps.

I miss mine! [>(]

www.kel-tec.com/
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

On your advice I've switched over to a Sig 239.

Y'all saved me on this one.

Now for my punishment...

I will write 50 times.....

Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.Buy only Sig.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I second the vote for the KelTec P11.
Much better than the Taurus Milleneum both for shootability and carry ergonomics.
Try pulling the trigger on the Taurus and you'll see what I meen..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top