Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 7:24:33 PM EDT
What do you all think?  I have an OKO Reflex sight with nothing to do and I got the idea of mounting it to my 18" Rem 870 'Black Shotgun'.  It currently has the front bead so I would have to have the receiver drilled and mount a weaver base, which is no big deal.  What do you all think?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be ok.  No idea if the recoil will shake it too much (never tried this with an OKO... only with a Trijicon).  

A red-dot on a shotgun can go from pointless to so-so, depending on how you use it and what you shoot.  For slugs, it can be ok.  

For shot... sometimes ok, sometimes not. It can be deceptive, depending on how the load you shoot patterns.  You may or may not have the dot in the center of the pattern for any given load, and that centering may or may not translate toward where your slugs go at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its not needed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top