Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 2:20:55 PM EST
I'm looking for front/rear plates.

What's your take on these?Titanium/steel DSG Arms rifle plates

If you have a better recommendation when considering price, weight and protection level, then I'm wide open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:03:01 PM EST
They weigh the same (7.6lbs per) as AR500 steel, so you may as well get that to save on thickness. Titanium will be thicker than steel for the same protection level. As for price/protection level, check out Gamma+ plates - they're level III as well, weigh a couple pounds less, use ceramic backed by resin-reinforced fiber, and generally run around $250 for a pair of curved 10x12" plates.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:21:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By zombiegristle:
They weigh the same (7.6lbs per) as AR500 steel, so you may as well get that to save on thickness. Titanium will be thicker than steel for the same protection level. As for price/protection level, check out Gamma+ plates - they're level III as well, weigh a couple pounds less, use ceramic backed by resin-reinforced fiber, and generally run around $250 for a pair of curved 10x12" plates.

Thanks, I'll check Gamma out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:40:38 PM EST
http://www.bulletproofme.com/Body_Armor_Accessories_Rifle_Protection.shtml

LVL 4 Multi strike ceramic hybrid plates, 200$ each.

Why would you run a lvl 3 plate in a PC? when you could simply insert LVL 3 soft armor in that PC.
LVL3 is for soft armor, lvl 4 for plates.
If I need to wear a PC with mags and other assorted goodies attached to it I want LVL 4 plates, because lvl 3 wont cut it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:00:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 5:00:42 PM EST by MP0117]
Originally Posted By ezdaar:

Why would you run a lvl 3 plate in a PC? when you could simply insert LVL 3 soft armor in that PC.
If I need to wear a PC with mags and other assorted goodies attached to it I want LVL 4 plates, because lvl 3 wont cut it.

I'll check those out too...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:27:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 6:27:38 PM EST by toki]

No. Negative. Incorrect. Stop repeating bullshit when you don't know what you are talking about.

NIJ Level IIIA is for pistol threats. This is soft armor.

NIJ Level III is for certain rifle threats, as is NIJ Level IV. These are hard armor "rifle plates."
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:41:53 AM EST
SAPIs or ESAPIs are great, some people dont like ceramic but their are tested daily in combat and have a good track record, plus they are fairly cheap too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:20:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By toki:

No. Negative. Incorrect. Stop repeating bullshit when you don't know what you are talking about.

NIJ Level IIIA is for pistol threats. This is soft armor.

NIJ Level III is for certain rifle threats, as is NIJ Level IV. These are hard armor "rifle plates."

Sorry ezdaar, but toki is absolutely correct. OP, pay attention, this stuff is important.

Top Top