Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2016 12:35:50 AM EDT
I've been seeing a bunch of different photos of Omega 9ks with different 3 lug mounts on them.

Seems like the Octane 3 lug fits, the GA 3 lug fits, and the Obsidian 3 lug fits, but they are all different lengths.

Seems to me that each of these mounts will cause your muzzle to protrude different amounts into the suppressor.

Seems to me that the Omega 9k was designed for a certain distance between the muzzle and the first baffle, and a variation here will cause a difference in suppression and/or wear.

So, what's the conventional wisdom on this?  Not a big deal?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Using one of the shorter 3-lug mounts (Griffin or Rugged) places the muzzle essentially the same distance to the first baffle that using a SilencerCo piston would. Non-issue.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That's good to know.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Response from SiCo via email that using GA mount wouldn't pose a threat to the can, but they can't warranty other manufacturer's parts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm less concerned about warranty, per se, than understanding the effect on suppression or baffle wear from a variable muzzle position.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]
A former SWR employee on another silencer forum stated that the Octane was designed with the SWR/SiCo 3-lug mount and extra distance/volume in mind.

I imagine the Omega 9k is the same.  Big boy rules apply, if you don't mind the possible consequences than go with the Griffin... it does look better IMHO.

I personally just stuck with the direct thread option and anti-seize.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
been waiting months for the Griffin mount to come back into stock :(
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't see the Griffin coupler available in months.  A customer of mine contacted Griffin and was told (by Griffin) not to expect them anytime soon.  

I'm also not a fan of mixing manufacturers parts unless specifically told by both manufacturers that each others parts use won't affect warranty of either brand.  I have seen happen a few time and the different manufacturers just point at the other, leaving the customer without a resolution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I haven't see the Griffin coupler available in months.  A customer of mine contacted Griffin and was told (by Griffin) not to expect them anytime soon.  

I'm also not a fan of mixing manufacturers parts unless specifically told by both manufacturers that each others parts use won't affect warranty of either brand.  I have seen happen a few time and the different manufacturers just point at the other, leaving the customer without a resolution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what Griffin is dedicating machines to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top