Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:17:51 AM EST
In a discussion on another forum this site was posted as a reference for firearm related recalls. I found this one on Lee dies so thought I would post it since so much used equipment has been traded or sold lately. Situations like this is why I have not ever advocated just "bumping" off the shell holder or shell plate. Machining errors and just plain human error/compacency can cause a bad die to go out the door no matter who the manufacturer is.

http://130.94.182.159/recalls.htm#REM1

Lee Precision, Inc. has issued the following warning regarding its .223 Remington full-length resizing die.

"A quantity of dies have left our factory that can cause excess head space if adjusted to firmly contact the shell holder. Only the .223 Remington full-length resizing die with date code stamp C4 are affected. These dies were shipped from April to June of 2004. The date code is found on the head of the die [following the "E-223" stamped above the threaded portiion of the die]. Please return the affected die to Lee Precision, Inc. for a replacement at no charge.
This die is dimensioned like another brand's die and can be safely used if it is backed away from the shell holder 1/4 of a turn. If the breach [sic] mechanism closes with difficulty, the die is adjusted downward toward the shell holder a partion of a turn and the case again resized. This procedure is to be repeated until the breach [sic] mechanism will just freely close on the resized case. For safety and maximum convenience, return the C4 die for replacement."

If you have any questions [like, "Who pays return shipping?"], please call Lee Precision, Inc., 4275 Highway U, Hartford, WI 53027. Tel: 262-673-3075 or e-mail info@leeprecision.com.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:12:06 PM EST
Thanks for the info.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:42:23 AM EST
Sure thing Mike. Thought a few more might be interested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:04:03 AM EST
Will be checking mine tonight. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:22:47 AM EST
Thanks!

I checked mine and they are from a different batch.
Top Top