Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2004 5:31:32 PM EST
I just got a Marlin mod 336 with no safety that I can see . I have one that is about 7 years old that has the hammer safety I think but the one I just got must be alot older . No hooded front sight either just mod 336 .

Any idea how old this pup is ?? Thanks Randy
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:56:05 PM EST
I'm pretty sure that Marlin incororated a cross-bolt safety between 1986-1990.

I own a 39A with no safety (except for "half-cock") purchased in 1987.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:37:45 AM EST
Where do you live in Indiana? I've got some .30-30 ammo I'd like to give away. 336 is 30-30, right? Mine was. IM me. I might forget to get back to this thread.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:46:59 AM EST
They started the safety prior to 1990, if I remember correctly. A friend of mine actually missed a chance at a deer because he left the safety on. He pulled the trigger, only to hear "CLICK" and have the deer walk off. I've always felt a safety on a rifle with an exposed hammer is worthless, but to each his own...
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:14:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jason280:
They started the safety prior to 1990, if I remember correctly. A friend of mine actually missed a chance at a deer because he left the safety on. He pulled the trigger, only to hear "CLICK" and have the deer walk off. I've always felt a safety on a rifle with an exposed hammer is worthless, but to each his own...

+1.

I did note however that it appears on the Marlines an e-clip or pin can probably be used to keep the safety from being pushed to the "on" position. There's a groove in the safety where such a modification could be added.

The loudest "CLICK" is the one you don't expect...Conversely, the loudest "BOOM" is the one you don't expect either.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 2:29:19 AM EST

I've always felt a safety on a rifle with an exposed hammer is worthless, but to each his own...

+1
My brother saw the safety on my 336 and asked why.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:44:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stryfe:

I've always felt a safety on a rifle with an exposed hammer is worthless, but to each his own...

+1
My brother saw the safety on my 336 and asked why.

Lawyers.
Top Top