Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 12:24:31 AM EDT
I just aqquired an old Stevens pump-action 22 rifle from my grandfather's house.  It was patentend in 1907, but I can't find a model #.
Serial # J 2XX.

The rod for the tube magazine is missing, and the action doesn't work properly.  Any suggestions or comments about this gun are appreciated.  

I'd like to fix it up and put it away, but don't know where to even begin getting parts for a gun of this age.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
on closer inspection, it says "visible loading"
If that helps any

Would this be the place to start?
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=089ZzVISIBLE%20LOADING
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Southern,

Just a suggestion....

head on over to www.rimfirecentral.com and register than go to the "Open Rimfire Forum" and ask there.

Someone will come by who either has one or can point ya in the right direction.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a Stevens Visible Loading Repeater.

I used one when I was a kid; fun to carry, shot okay, good for gas in the eye!

If you look at the rifle, you will see the obvious relation of the receiver to falling block types, Stevens Crackshots and Favorites.

You can probably get some parts from Gun Parts (used to be Numrich Arms), or find another rifle in poor condition for parts.

It's a good wall hanger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Would this be the place to start?
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=089ZzVISIBLE%20LOADING

Schematic associated with the above link for Numrich Gun Parts (or Gun Parts Corp.).

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I like those old visible loaders. I've had several over the years & they are fun to shoot but can be finicky at times. Alot of the old timers call them miserable loaders. Like others have said, Gun Parts has lots of parts for them.

I think the worst problem with those as well as other rimfires made around that time is the use of corrosive ammo. I've seen alot of those oldies but goodies with shitty bores in them, but are still fun to shoot. You can usually buy replacement barrels cheaper than you can have the originals relined.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help!

from the serial #, can anyone estimate an age?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top