Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 8:30:55 PM EDT
I bought the Dillon trimmer to use on my rock chuker to help with making some 300 blk brass (I've been using the WFT, but after a 1000 rounds, I'm tired of that). From looking around online it seems as if a lot of people don't just like using the trim/size die by itself.  Do I need to use my regular size die before or after the Dillon trim/size die? I've also seen people mention the Lyman m die when using the Dillon trimmer.

Any advice on steps while using the Dillon trim/size die will be helpful!

TIA
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the M-Die after the trim die , no need to run a sizing die before the trim die in fact Dillon will tell you not to as you want the trim die to have a good hold to keep the brass from spinning in the die.

ETA: I don't use my regular fl. sizing die at all
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't mention what type of press you have.

ETA: I can't read properly.

On a single stage press I would just use the trim die and follow up with a M die to clean up the mouth.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! Sounds like a plan!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Dillon trim die cannot expand the mouth, as it doesn't have an expander on it. That is why people use the Lyman M die afterwards to open up the mouth to get the proper neck tension on the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top