Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2003 11:01:42 PM EDT
 Well after reading many posts here I decided to go take a look at some USC's to see what I thought. I found that I liked em pretty well after handling one at the local gunshop, They are a bit big I felt but would be a fun inexpensive plinker, I was also thinking home defense as well.
After ho hummin and re reading posts here I decided to take the plunge. ( much to wife's chagrin) sold a Bushy I had and located a good deal on a USC got it today.
Only had one problem though the mag wouldn't lock into the mag well after some looking I noticed the spring had come out of the retention hole (or hadn't been installed properly at the factory) I got out my punches and put the spring back where it was supposed to be and works fine now.
I will be ordering the UMP kit as soon as finances allow for a couple reasons though the pistol grip is just to large, and the thumbhole stock seems to get a bit in the way. Ok three reasons HIGH CAP CHEAP MAGS :o)
 All in all I am very impressed so far with my new carbine, and from what I have read the trip to the range will be very satisfying. let yah know Sunday afternoon when I get back.
Thanks for given me someone ta blame my latest purchase on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone had any experiences with the new grease gun conversion for the USC? I seen that they angled the mags and was wondering how that's working out?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Took it out to the range this afternoon accuracy was excellent! handled very well and was a joy to shoot.
After doing a basic barrel break in had to try bumping it dumped all ten rounds thing bumps better than any of my ARs.
Wife loved shooting it as well, liked the light recoil and was able to hit very well with it. Now all I need to do is dress it up a bit with the rails and a aimpoint, and maybe a vert fore grip.
Thanks again to all you HK guys for turning me onto this little gem.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are a bit big I felt but would be a fun inexpensive plinker, I was also thinking home defense as well.

Our definitions of "inexpensive plinker" must be vastly different

For me, an inexpensive plinker is a $50 Moison-Nagant straight from Mother Russia...

but, hey, that's just me
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually was referring to the cost of ammo.
45acp is relatively inexpensive. plus I am set up to reload them on a progressive press. The cost of the rifle is steep but I feel worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Yah, very true

I can't say much, because I ponied up for an HK94 around the beginning of the year...and that was definitily NOT inexpensive
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Man now I'm jealous I been wanting one of those for a while now. Maybe when finances allow I will be able to get one but first on my list is an AUG
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Got one of those, too

Need to find place that sells spare parts for the AUG now, though The bolt spring sleeve cracked on mine...it functions with it cracked, but I'd rather make sure it's in perfect working condition, you know? Ah well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top