Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 5:43:00 AM EDT
CROW that is.  

This is another case where the numbers just don't add up; when the sum of the parts is less than the whole.

I'm talking about the Leupold CQT.  When these things first came out, all the hype was met with questions about weight, size, battery life, objective diameter, etc.  And quite frankly, "I" didn't see the Leupold measuring up.  I'm a big fan of the Leupold scopes, but I felt that they were trying to enter a market that had substantial competition, primarily the USO SN-4.

I hereby rescind all previous derogatory comments concerning the Leupold CQT...as I consider making one part of my collection.  To make a short story long, I got to take a up close look at one of these yesterday and was very impressed.  The eye relief is good enough to make size(yes it's as long as the AR receiver) a non-issue, and it weighs substantially less than my SN-4.  The optics are crystal clear.  I cant understand how you can get such a great field of view from a 14mm objective lens.  The dot is so visible and perfectly round that the use of illumination isn't necessary in anything but low-light or for use on very dark targets.

All I can say, is if Trijicon doesn't get that Tripower to market before my new Bushmaster upper get's here, I'm spending the money on the CQT.

And since I'm not to proud to publicly admit when I've missed the mark, I invite all those who would like to remind me of my previous comments to take a free shot.

(flame retardant undies on)
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Any real man who wants a catharsis would post this in the Optics section.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Rarebit,
you might want to see when the new model Leupold CQT is going to be available........might be worth a little wait.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have noticed the price has fallen on these. Maybe the new model coming out is depressing current prices?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top