Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/6/2002 4:35:24 PM EDT
can i take my SAR1 and put a folding stock/have the barrel threaded etc? seems that even things like Daewoo DR200's with the proper amount of US parts (thus making them US rifles) could be converted to "preban" status...correct?
no keep in mind, i am keeping my fingers crossed (AND VOTING!!) but not holding my breath than the ban will not be re-newed/made worse...
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:34:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:51:33 PM EDT
If it sunsets, then buy as many 10 round mags as possible, they will probably be collectibles considering they would be "from the time where America lost all sensibility!"

Ok, so then what happens after another 4 years, some dope decides to awaken the act again...do all post 94 guns, which are now REALLY EVIL, have to go back to original configuration from the factory? Ugh, I'm getting a stupidity headache, I think I'm done.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:52:56 PM EDT
Does the sunset of the AW ban would also include magazines?

I'd like to stock up on G20 mags but just can't fathom paying $100 (cheapest I have ever seen them) for magazines.

Can someone throw me a bone here? If in fact it does not include magazines what law covers them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2002 6:59:44 PM EDT by Armed_Scientist]
Yep, WHEN 94 sunsets the whole shebang goes away, 10 round limits, evil feature counts. We will be right back to 1992 all over again. Import a SR series HK then reconfig it in any way you want it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:43:11 PM EDT
I think you can already have a threaded barrel on an SAR because they don't make flash supressors for them, just compensators, but Ask CampyBob about that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:20:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist:
Yep, WHEN 94 sunsets the whole shebang goes away, 10 round limits, evil feature counts. We will be right back to 1992 all over again.

We better get busy then. Time to start spreading the gospel for the November Elections.

I want cheaper mags damnit!

Total bullshit law that needs to go away.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:28:44 PM EDT
i hate to sound pessimistic but i dont think it will happen. i think the demeocrats will make it a big issue and distort the facts about how much "good" its done, but i'm still writing my reps. and mentioning the word "conspicuous" i still can't belive that word is in a law
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:33:40 PM EDT
If you are lucky enough to live in a state that hasn't also outlawed them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:29:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:37:02 PM EDT
I could imagine some of us with lots of money invested in pre-ban guns & magazines could actually vote to put Dems in to preserve the value of their inventory.
Personally I wouldn't mind and would relish the opportunity to buy even more.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2002 5:27:37 PM EDT by ColonelKlink]
yeah but SS109 that would be stabbing us gun owners in the back. just because they want to keep their money that they have invested is no excuse to lose our rights.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:31:27 PM EDT
Bad! Bad! Bad! [stick}

Originally Posted By SS109:
I could imagine some of us with lots of money invested in pre-ban guns & magazines could actually vote to put Dems in to preserve the value of their inventory.
Personally I wouldn't mind and would relish the opportunity to buy even more.

I really hope you wouldn't actually think of DOING that! If I found out that you did, you can be sure that I'd never buy a mag or anything else from you, that's for sure!

30 round mags should retail for about 12 bucks, tops. 20's for ten.

There really IS a very good chance that the ban will not be extended. Here's why:

In 1995, the House of Representatives introduced H.R. 125 and other related bills to repeal the AW ban of 1994. The measure PASSED in the House by a vote of 239 for and 173 against, which is a substantial lead.

The newly passed bill then went to the Senate where it was read twice and never seen again.

The current House is of similar mind as the one of 1995, and as a result, it is unlikely that the ban will be extended because the House wouldn't vote to pass a new ban, which is what would have to happen.

Write your reps, people! Make sure they know that you don't want them to vote for an extension!

CJ

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:59:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:
The 2002 Congressional Elections are going to be the key, folks.

-Troy

LISTEN TO THIS MAN. The only way we can prevent the ban from being replaced with another is if it never gets to Bush's desk.

Now lets be realistic. If the new legislation gets to GWB, he has to sign it if he wants re-election, as the process will occur during the election year. If we control Congress, we can prevent the bill that will replace the '94 Crime Bill from ever getting into the oval office.
Top Top