Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately the local range here in NorCal doesn't hold night shoots any longer. LMS defence is the only option for local training. Maybe Your Jefa aka "Vic" should follow your lead to help grow the community with monthly night shoots which I'd be more than willing to attend in SoCal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is exactly Why I started organizing FNFC here in North East FL once a month. Theres always at least a dozen or more attendees.

Having 12 sets of NVG's and MAWLS to rent for only $25 a session is a great way to get folks interseted in NV and "build" our community with good folks doing cool hood rat shit.
Unfortunately the local range here in NorCal doesn't hold night shoots any longer. LMS defence is the only option for local training. Maybe Your Jefa aka "Vic" should follow your lead to help grow the community with monthly night shoots which I'd be more than willing to attend in SoCal.
There are opportunities to shoot at nite in SoCal, Deadwood boys (Piru) nite shoot every month from Sept to April, There's a group of NorCal guys that show up to match. you have to register to practiscore.com, under Night operator, then there's private ranges or public (gotta know someone...) that allow nite shooting in SoCal.

Also there Aztec Training services hosting Greenline Tactical coming down to SoCal for 3 day LEO nightfighter class in Sept., maybe they can squeeze you in? (Sam you going to Sept Class?) Also Don and Sam were here in March for Nightfighter 1.

Wondering if TNVC will host a class in CA.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m interested for sure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in central Ohio, but grew up in NEOHIO. I'd be interested next year when I get back from Iraq
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
TNVC has a few. Igor classes scheduled in NE Ohio I saw coming up soon. My NV setup won’t be ready by then, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Central OH here, somehow missed this topic last few weeks.  Interested for sure!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope to have an update and reach out to those interested this weekend.  Believe I have found a perfect range to host, just have to meet later this week to confirm.  As of now planning on a date in Sept, Oct and Nov to round out the year.

More to follow
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope to have an update and reach out to those interested this weekend.  Believe I have found a perfect range to host, just have to meet later this week to confirm.  As of now planning on a date in Sept, Oct and Nov to round out the year.

More to follow
View Quote
Awesome. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More to follow
View Quote
Sounds awesome!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

More to follow
View Quote
If you're looking at ARO or Southington and need some boots on the ground let me know, have a friend or two who go there a lot and know who runs them for the 3 gun matches and such they do there who might be able to help with contacts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just gauging to see what interest there might be in forming a group and venue for night vision users in the N.E. Ohio area?  Nothing at all too high speed but both low light and NV weapon drills, movement, transitions and some other cool things to help all of us up our game.  No formal taught or hosted classes but more about providing a venue and location for like minded and equipped individuals to use their NV gear to its full advantage.

I currently have two locations near Akron/Canton in mind that would be available to host.  Once or twice a month, Saturdays, beginning maybe in September and running through November based on interest.  There would probably be a small range fee and planning is in the beginning stage and can evolve based on interest and desire.

I am aware of a group in SW PA that I believe does something similar that gets pretty good attendance.

There might be a small vetting process as well but nothing that should have anyone interested concerned.

Interested parties please reply or feel free to PM
View Quote
SWPA checking in, interested
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#12]
There are a lot of nice ranges in that area.  You could also check out greenhorn tactical association to see if they'd be interested in hosting.  They use a private 200yd range with pistol bays and a shoothouse
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:03:44 AM EDT
[#13]
GreenPORT  not greenhorn
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
ARO is no longer, has been dead for about two years, its now DSS.  Im a member at both Greenport and DSS so very familiar. They are great ranges but not ideally suited for night ops and what we would like to be able to achieve.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in the Cleveland area. Absolutely count me in.

Anyone attending Nightfighter 101 this weekend down in Alliance?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Just checking in from Missouri to stay updated with the conversation.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#17]
@ MrjonesandMe yes sir.  You will have a great class, Chip is an excellent instructor and all around great guy.  After TNVC Nightfighter make sure to put Armed Professional on your list especially hosted at Alliance.

If you haven't already attended, make sure to add the APD Shoot House Class taught by Joe as well.  It will serve you well in Armed Professional and is honestly one of the best classes they offer there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Interested.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@ MrjonesandMe yes sir.  You will have a great class, Chip is an excellent instructor and all around great guy.  After TNVC Nightfighter make sure to put Armed Professional on your list especially hosted at Alliance.

If you haven't already attended, make sure to add the APD Shoot House Class taught by Joe as well.  It will serve you well in Armed Professional and is honestly one of the best classes they offer there.
View Quote
I definitely plan to attend the Armed professional class at some point.

I’ll add the shoot house class to my list as well. I’ll be permanently in Cleveland in a few years, so it’s going to be nice having this facility just little drive down the road.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would be interested in low light.  I am too poor to own NV
View Quote
Not true. Buy a busted tube that isn't too busted off the EE, send it to me I'll make sure it works, buy a used housing and profit. Nods for under 1k (or as low as 500-600 depending on the deal you get for the tube)
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hold me brother.

Now lets figure out how to get a NV training session in this gun starved state. Preferably SF bay area(shithole city I know).
View Quote
Just come to NV, plenty of private ranges, blm land, hotels, brothels.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Will be making the plunge into NODs by the end of the year. Looking for something in the Triad area of NC. Anyone know of anything?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Located next door in Indiana.
Very interested, if this comes together.
Could probably get a few NV-capable buddies to tag along as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh its going to come together!  I will be contacting those that have said they would be interested with some of the details hopefully this weekend to put together an email list to make communication easier.

You can continue to post your interest here or email me directly at [email protected]

Location and dates secured.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Sweet! #pewpew
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#27]
My first NVG unit ever (PVS14) is arriving on Wednesday so I'm down to clown.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh its going to come together!  I will be contacting those that have said they would be interested with some of the details hopefully this weekend to put together an email list to make communication easier.

You can continue to post your interest here or email me directly at [email protected]

Location and dates secured.
View Quote
Email sent.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m interested depending on Thats needed. I’m behind enemy lines so my ability to PEW is limited compared to the free folks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I may be able to make this happen in NE Kentucky also, plenty of land options available, i’d probably ask a neighbor to use an area with better back stops, my AO is flat and has cattle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just come to NV, plenty of private ranges, blm land, hotels, brothels.
View Quote
That is where I do a lot of night giggin. That and the ranches I frequent over here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I may be able to make this happen in NE Kentucky also, plenty of land options available, i’d probably ask a neighbor to use an area with better back stops, my AO is flat and has cattle.
View Quote
I'd be interested in that for sure, not too bad of a drive for me. Central KY I have a spot as well for anyone that may not have seen this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#33]
NE Ohio here, would definitely be down for this
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just bought a PVS14 setup with a Dbal A2 off EE.  I am definitely up for training.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted: 8/7

Just bought a PVS14 setup with a Dbal A2 off EE.  I am definitely up for training.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: 8/7

Quoted: 7/5
7/5 - I'm poor
8/5 - Checks Powerball ticket
8/6 - Profit ???
8/7 - I'm IN !!  (PVS-14 kit).. in reality shows up with GPNVG-18

... and Ski, if you do show up with set up 18s... Ah, yeah.. how much are you going to charge me to look through them?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Email received and sent back, how is this going to be set up? One static event at a time a couple ranges with different events or some
all inclusion pistol rifle dynamic/maneuver lane? I imagine something like a 3-gun or uspsa rifle stage but thats probably just me. Theres a lot of variables to account for when shooting let alone turning
off the lights.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:08:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Need a Virginia chapter also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Email received and sent back, how is this going to be set up? One static event at a time a couple ranges with different events or some
all inclusion pistol rifle dynamic/maneuver lane? I imagine something like a 3-gun or uspsa rifle stage but thats probably just me. Theres a lot of variables to account for when shooting let alone turning
off the lights.
View Quote
For sure to start there will be a square range block that transitions from daylight, low light and then to DARK.  White light, NVGs/IR and Passive work.  Shooting on the move.  While many of those interested have some time under NODs many seem to have the gear but lack the actual trigger time and experience so we will quickly try a walk, crawl approach.  YES I left the word run out on purpose.  The goal is to keep the group engaged and not to have guys standing around but we will have all different levels of shooters and safety is an absolute must have!

There will be some more active or dynamic scenarios that will show the ability of NODs and their limitations in different environments.  Your spot on with the "variables to account for" and I need to make sure we dont burn guys out after being in their kit and NODs for hours as I would like to stay dark once we get there.  Most dont have full super ninja night fighting pistols either so trying to work through that once we get off the square range.  Your vision is somewhat correct but I hate the words 3-gun and USPSA because that means timer goes BEEP, safety comes off and then run and gun chaos which at night time is NO BUENO!  Rest assured no timers will be involved as NODs offer stealth and stealth offers security at a much slower tempo.

We are finalizing a lot of details and will have an updated email out early next week.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#39]
SW PA here. PM sent.

Oh and whoever is in the SW PA group, PM me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
SW PA here. PM sent.

Oh and whoever is in the SW PA group, PM me.
View Quote
Also in SWPA, I would like to know as well
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#41]
NW Ohio here, picked up a PVS14 in July. Shopping for lasers now, want a MAWL but don't think that's in the budget yet. Definitely interested in this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
NW Ohio here, picked up a PVS14 in July. Shopping for lasers now, want a MAWL but don't think that's in the budget yet. Definitely interested in this.
View Quote
Hold the line!  Save the funds and get the MAWL.

send me an email at [email protected] and I can get you additional information
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are a couple fairy priced (sub $700) CQBL, on the EE not mine. I have one on a PCC and love it. I have an OTAL-C I may let go of probably one of the cheapest options available that still allow saving for a MAWL downfall is it’s not as easy to zero as one with a slaves vis.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#44]
NE Indiana here, me and 3 friends around me have been looking for a new place to shoot with some like minded people so I'm interested, all of us have cans (well 2 of them are in jail but i can break them and a post sample ar lower out for a bit) and pvs-14s/7.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
NE Indiana here, me and 3 friends around me have been looking for a new place to shoot with some like minded people so I'm interested, all of us have cans (well 2 of them are in jail but i can break them and a post sample ar lower out for a bit) and pvs-14s/7.
View Quote
Awesome - just shoot Crossgun an email at [email protected] and he’ll get you the info you need to come out and join the festivities.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Another Detroiter here that's interested. I have money for wizard eyes, but I would like to see some NV gear first hand so I know what I should get and what to expect.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Another Detroiter here that's interested. I have money for wizard eyes, but I would like to see some NV gear first hand so I know what I should get and what to expect.
View Quote
Seeing your about to spend thousands of dollars my suggestion would be to take the TNVC Nightfighter 101 training class and rent equipment.  Not only will you come away with a much better understanding of what equipment options there are you will actual know how to use what ever you may purchase and actually understand the technology and its limitations if they exist.

That's what I did and have no regrets at all as it made me an informed first time buyer.  Based on what you will learn it's definitely worth the price of admission.

I believe they a class in NE Ohio near the end of October.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seeing your about to spend thousands of dollars my suggestion would be to take the TNVC Nightfighter 101 training class and rent equipment.  Not only will you come away with a much better understanding of what equipment options there are you will actual know how to use what ever you may purchase and actually understand the technology and its limitations if they exist.

That's what I did and have no regrets at all as it made me an informed first time buyer.  Based on what you will learn it's definitely worth the price of admission.

I believe they a class in NE Ohio near the end of October.
View Quote
Do they also cover thermal?
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m about 45 minutes west of Toledo so a little under 2 hours from you. You’re welcome to mess around with my gear sometime. I’ve got a few different setups.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do they also cover thermal?
View Quote
While they may not have one of everything from their store on hand for demos, there's almost always at least a few thermal devices there to mess with, and 2-3 staffmembers with a mountain of knowledge between them to steer you in the right direction. If your primary focus is thermal rather than image intensifiers, reaching out to their sister company Night Goggles may be a good idea. I see TNVC as more of the fighting at night sorta crew (NV heavy, with the occasional thermal discussion leaning towards mil-style equipment) and NG as the killing critters at night crew (thermal heavy with experience with all the rifle-mounted and handheld civilian options).
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top