Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 10:48:34 AM EDT
My understanding is that if your trust or company is registered in your state, you have to notify and get permission to transport Class III weapons out of that state, but if you have an overseas trust or company, this provision does not apply.

Does anyone know the definitive answer to this?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:19:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:25:41 AM EDT

I'm a Zevon fan as well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:46:26 AM EDT

An offshore or overseas corporation with no U.S. registration may contact a U.S.-based dealer or manufacturer and arrange for an export to their home country...

What if the LLC/corporation is offshore but the NFA item is never exported.

All NFA-Registered items must be kept in the state listed on the Form 1 of Form 4; transportation outside that state is a felony, unless the item is C&R-listed and the registrant also holds a valid C&R license.

So if you (and your NFA item) move to another state some additional paperwork is required?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:37:52 AM EDT
Yes additional paperwork before you take the item across state lines either permanant or temporary. If you have already moved without papers then you done messed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top