Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 1:37:28 PM EDT

Anybody know of a good nylon or leather trouser-belt for off duty carry? I'm looking for something that will hold up a colt python while I'm hunting, and have looked at the "Wilderness" Instructors belt. Any good suggestions??
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody know of a good nylon or leather trouser-belt for off duty carry? I'm looking for something that will hold up a colt python while I'm hunting, and have looked at the "Wilderness" Instructors belt. Any good suggestions??

I've been using the wilderness as my off-duty gun belt for about ten years now and love it.

Here's a thread from 10-8 Forum on the new Titanuim model with imput from the man himself:
The Wilderness TiTANIUM Instructor Belt
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, wondering exactly what type of gun your carrying, with what type of holster? Had any problems with the belt losing shape or sagging? You think this belt would be up to the task of carryinga 4-inch python??

Thanks Again
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input, wondering exactly what type of gun your carrying, with what type of holster? Had any problems with the belt losing shape or sagging? You think this belt would be up to the task of carryinga 4-inch python??

Thanks Again

Weight has never been a problem with this belt.  There's times I've carried two medium size guns, a mag, cell phone, and other gear.   The way the belt fastens and velcros it's never came loose or sagged.  Here's more info. from their website.
Wilderness belt
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with dump1567 about the Wilderness belt. This thing is the best belt out there. I carry my off-duty weapon (Glock 27) in a Blade-Tec kydex belt loop holster. There is no sagging from the belt and the belt provides a sturdy and stable platform on the draw. I opted for the 5 stitch version and have been very happy. Strongly recommended!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top