Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:12:58 AM EST
I was just wondering after I saw this. It is enough to make you question the quality.
ORF Receiver comparison

Thanks for any input,
Jerry
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:40:40 AM EST
Christ, you're taking Bailey at his word? The pics ORF posted are of a first run stamping that is nowhere near a finalised product.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:42:42 AM EST
Once they hit the market, we'll know, till than it's only speculation. But based on their rep I;d say they are better than anything speshul wepons/bobcat whatever it's called this week puts out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:43:19 AM EST
Upon further inspection, Bailey is a fucking idiot. He comments on how the ORF receiver doesn't have the top ribbing and claw mount points, when ORF states plainly that they are having problems with cracking in that area. People are looking at these pics as if they're of the final product. Jesus Fucking Christ people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:44:46 AM EST
So I just tried to register over there to give Toad some shit, and I get this "Sorry, but this e-mail address has been banned."

Ya got me, never been there before.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:48:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By photoman:
So I just tried to register over there to give Toad some shit, and I get this "Sorry, but this e-mail address has been banned."

A pre-emptive strike on Bailey's part.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:53:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By CaptainKevinDarling:

Originally Posted By photoman:

A pre-emptive strike on Bailey's part.

Don't know but the other one I used was accepted.

He's an ass ripping on something that isn't even complete and market ready yet. Not only that, but I've shot 6 of the guns he makes and none of them not a damn one, would I trust my life to, they were all shit pure and simple. It's amazing how that asshole will scream libal(or slander) when somone says something bad about his company or guns, but than goes and trashes the shit out of ORF. Shit I might just have to hurt myself a bit more and order an ORF reciever in the GB.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:00:37 AM EST
Do it. Even if the ORF receivers only end up being 'as good' as the SW5 receivers (and I'll bet money they'll be better than), I'd still rather support ORF over Special Weapons.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:20:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:07:56 PM EST
Looks like Toad is cryin to himself.. Everyone knows he's a fucking idiot. The type who has to change companiy names every week or so to avoid product liability, and lawsuits..

And this moron actually says in another post, that he is going out of the civilian buisness, because of overseas contract, the ocerseas mullahs don't want "POF crap" his words.. He is just jealous of folks that make guns that work.. Period.. What a moron dick slave.. Opps, he might sue me for Libel, a word that was invented ant the circular peice of furniture, deep in the heart of Goonz.net...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:09:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:13:29 PM EST
ORF is looking to make trunions, barrels and a few other things too, last I heard.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:19:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:27:51 PM EST
If you go pistol or SBR route, then the parts count becomes a non-issue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:30:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:33:02 PM EST
I guess you're kinda fucked, then. :(
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:35:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:36:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Once again, SBR not allowed in NY... pistol has to be under 50 ounces unloaded with no mag. The weight speced for the 89 is 4.4 pounds with an unloaded mag... doubt they can get that down to 3 pounds 2 ounces, even without the mag...

They did it before...remove the handguard saves some weight...I'm sure there's some other ways as well...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:38:56 PM EST
Well, the Vulcan clones are almost all US made, considering they're not compatible with HK parts. Apparently they couldn't figure out how to make the delayed blowback action work, so they're just straight blowback. Bobcat uses Top Notch parts, but I still find it hard to believe Bailey doesn't have a stake in them.

Also, anyone with a working pair of eyes can see that even at this early stage, the ORF stampings are way sharper than the Hesse/Vulcan receivers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:41:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
If I knew they could get the weight below the threshold to make a NY legal pistol I'd be up for it... There is a local HK smith, I should ask him if he can bring it in under that weight.

Oh yah, remember the SW89? Their version of the pistol? Post-ban legal man..if Todd could figure it out, I figure any of us should be able to with a minimum of issues
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:06:15 PM EST
Okay, I bit... I took the ride on the link. The only thing I got off that forum was that only one guy seems to be posting there??? and here is the shocker boys and girls...it just so happens that guy is in competetion with ORF??

I don't think someone has his big boy pants on today???

I have never seen any of ORF's work, but I do know that it comes in high reguard here, that is good enough for me.

FMO
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:15:04 PM EST
I betting my money on ORF (hell I pre ordered one, have you ever seen the work he has done? if not you need to)

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:02:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 11:34:05 AM EST by ipsilateral_7]

Originally Posted By TBaily on HK-54.com:
Got some info today and yes these are Hesse blanks and Rapid fire is trying to put claw mounts features into Hesse blanks!!! I guess he has his work cut out for him, trying to add the claw mounts after the receiver is 90% done is very hard without busting thru the sides, it might even be impossible. My bet is he will try for 4-6 weeks then try to sell everyone on a pic rail on top and still insist it is not a hesse.

Just another day in the life of Rapid Jack ass ohio.

wow, he sure is angery
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:26:28 AM EST
Well, maybe it's just me, but with ORF's reputation here, I will play ostrich with my head in the sand right now..

FMO
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:29:25 AM EST
Geez, consider the source. Enough said.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:24:16 PM EST
T.Bailey started a thread to shit on his competition. What balls he has to be admin at a site called "hk-54.com". Like he shares any similarities with H&K? Please....he's an insult to HK.

His product is shit. He's an angry, unprofessional jackass. ORF is getting in to the HK game in the right way IMO, and if they need to work out the kinks, I have no reason to believe they wont.

Bailey is a second rate (at best) propagandist, and if he spent half the time he spends shitting on ORF, towards putting out a quality product, he'd find he wouldn't need to shit on anyone in the first place....he'd be too busy filling orders. Quality, and lack there of, speaks for itself. He had many chances in my book, and systematically blew each and every one in grand style.

ORF will have my vote until/if they prove unworthy. So far, they look like a good outfit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:06:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:14:09 AM EST
Very nice work!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:28 AM EST
WOW, how much is a belt fed 91?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:35:22 AM EST
I think to a certain degree the maunfacturers in the firearms industry are forced to work together. Even the big guys like HK and Colt have a hard time and spend a lot of money to tool up for a new gun. Imagine if Todd had to do this. Why not investigate tooling that is already available. If it sucks as Todd as said then you find another source. But it makes business sense to try to save some money. You would surprised to see how many parts in your car are made by different competing companies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:12:38 AM EST
So, um, could someone maybe post a link to ORF for us guys who don't know who or where they are?? I looked in the Mfgr's and Dealer's list and couldn't locate them, and it sure sounds like they've got something hot here--Would sure appreciate it--
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:39:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:09:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:19:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By TGrove:
Guys,
Check this out!!!!

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=64883

Todd@ORF

Clicky
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:09:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By TGrove:
Guys,
I am not sure what to say about the other Todd other than he has some really interesting business sense. Someone asked about US parts, wander if Todd knows Wade sends parts here???? Todd you reading this? I should scan the invoice from Top-Notch and post, bet that would keep him up at nights. Ok back to the point, RF5 receivers will be the best piece on the market next to a Hk (and yes ORF is never will never take the WE ARE BETTER THAN Hk stance cause there is NO WAY, Hk started it all and they will be ontop forever) ORF will happily take second seat. RF5 rec will not be released till its perfect PERIOD. Hesse rumor that has floated around. I tried to work with Robert on his tooling, ORF paying to get the mods and some changes done. Did not work out. There is a co. here in Troy, making our dies for us as we speak.

Todd@ORF

ORF 51 and 51B that will be in SAR Hk clone issue (sorry my camera work is not too great)
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=31034

dang, looks like i need to renew my subscription to SAR.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:15:08 AM EST
hey everyone . iam new to this group buy thing.....
thanks for letting me join....
do u think anyone will make an mp5sd replica out of the orf receivers..
thanks
kevco..........[
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:29:14 AM EST
tag
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:57:42 PM EST
All I know is, since I've started dealing with ORF, I'd gladly put my life in the hands of ANY firearm they put out with 100% confidence.

Not sure what else there is to say. They know what they are doing, period.

Scott
Top Top