Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
BERETTA ARX-100 2-STAGE RPS TRIGGER™
Rated 4.83 out of 5 based on 23 customer ratings(23 customer reviews)
$215.00

I think I could buy and make a AR15 at that price. Can't wait for 3d Printing metal prices to come down .. .
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a mini mill and want to cut A3 vents this weekend. What do I need to know? How does one remove the barrel guide? Anyone have suggestions on the actual milling? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I really need to try out a Helix. I shot my SBR with my YHM Turbo K a couple of weeks ago and it was like getting hit upside the head every time I pulled the trigger. Not fun.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:17:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
I have a mini mill and want to cut A3 vents this weekend. What do I need to know? How does one remove the barrel guide? Anyone have suggestions on the actual milling? Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Remove the following:
- L/R pic rails
- BUIS
- Lower HG cover if you don't have the accessory lower pic rail installed (leave it on if you do).  The upper & lower rails will provide parallel clamping surfaces
- Lower, barrel, & carrier

You won't need to remove the barrel guide.  There's a just enough clearance for a cutting bit to glean away material without damaging the bit.  It's tight, but doable.  Carefully set the z axis height in that area.   Do a single cutting pass cut along the upper or lower slot end, depending on where you choose to start.  Be sure to check cut path alignment start-finish beforehand.

You'll need to do a little post surgical filing.  No big.

Here's mine:

14.5" barrel

10.25" barrel
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:23:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1888mustang] [#5]
Botach had the 556 helix and the Titanium 7.62 on sale last August. I purchased both. Unfortunately Botach jerked me around and it took them 3 months to get it to my dealer. Then right around the 4 or 5 month mark I get a call from my Dealer that the 556 was in, and there was a problem on the 30 cal because they botched the serial number and that took another 3 months.

Got them both now and very pleased with the performance. I tried the 556 on my Bren 2MS 11 inch barrel, and it worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:49:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: splunkinoob] [#6]
Is there a serial database somewhere to get a year?

Found it

Serial Search
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:Do a single cutting pass cut along the upper or lower slot end, depending on where you choose to start.
View Quote

@Master_Blaster , does this mean to cut each slot in a single pass? Is that better? If so, why? Not doubting, just new to this and want to understand. I was planning on doing multiple passes, only because I thought I should.

I ended up removing the barrel guide anyway as I’m also swapping out the top rail. So, at least I won’t have to worry about accidentally cutting it.

https://imgur.com/a/UUhGcQE
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:19:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#8]

@Master_Blaster , does this mean to cut each slot in a single pass? Is that better? If so, why? Not doubting, just new to this and want to understand. I was planning on doing multiple passes, only because I thought I should.

I ended up removing the barrel guide anyway as I’m also swapping out the top rail. So, at least I won’t have to worry about accidentally cutting it.

View Quote

Ha! So I guess there was no truth at all to what Beretta was saying about the top rail being impossible to remove without damaging something, do to their use of a super high strength threadlocker on the screws that hold the top rail to the receiver.

I guess I should warn you not to loose those hexagonal inserts (even though I consider them a one time use only kind of thing), I'm still waiting on the 4 that got put on back order through Brownells only a short 8 months ago now!

I've contacted both Beretta and Brownells about it twice now... Beretta has the parts, but Maryland's Coronavirus shutdown is preventing a lot of parts from being able to be shipped out to Brownells.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:Ha! So I guess there was no truth at all to what Beretta was saying about the top rail being impossible to remove without damaging something, do to their use of a super high strength threadlocker on the screws that hold the top rail to the receiver.
View Quote

I think the damaging something is in reference to the heads which seem soft. Some of mine are deformed already straight from Beretta. I have 4 replacements, so I’ll replace the worst of them when everything goes back together. Of the 4 top rail screws, 1 had lots of threadlocker, the other 3 very little.

I was setting up the mill this morning to do the vents and realized I don’t have the right size end mill, so it’s on hold until next weekend. If anyone else has any advice, I’m all ears!

I appreciate your (556Cliff’s) and Master_Blaster’s posts, not just about this, but in this entire thread.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:49:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#10]

I think the damaging something is in reference to the heads which seem soft. Some of mine are deformed already straight from Beretta. I have 4 replacements, so I’ll replace the worst of them when everything goes back together. Of the 4 top rail screws, 1 had lots of threadlocker, the other 3 very little.

I was setting up the mill this morning to do the vents and realized I don’t have the right size end mill, so it’s on hold until next weekend. If anyone else has any advice, I’m all ears!

I appreciate your (556Cliff’s) and Master_Blaster’s posts, not just about this, but in this entire thread.
View Quote

Yep, those screws are indeed very easy to deform the drive slot on. I had to lower the numbers for the installation torque spec that Beretta gave me when I first went to install them, I only go 10 inch pounds on the side rail screws and 15 inch pounds on the top rail screws.

Was the threadlocker that you found on the top rail screws blue or red? Beretta CS told me that it was red on newer production guns, but I haven't had one apart to find out for myself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It was red. Had I realized there’s a single nut in the middle, I’d probably have removed opposing screws simultaneously. Regardless, all of mine came out fine and didn’t deform the heads (any more than some already were from the factory. What’s the torque seeing Beretta gave you?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:23:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]
It was red. Had I realized there’s a single nut in the middle, I’d probably have removed opposing screws simultaneously. Regardless, all of mine came out fine and didn’t deform the heads (any more than some already were from the factory. What’s the torque seeing Beretta gave you?
View Quote

They said that the screws should be torqued to between 25 and 30 inch pounds. I started at 25 inch pounds and found it to be enough to badly deform the screws.

My reasoning for going lower than 15 inch pounds on the screws that retain the side rails is because the most forward screw will start to pull through the shoulder that the head of the screw seats against on the rail... The aluminum is very thin on that portion of the rail at the hole for the front screw.

And I've thought about doing the simultaneous removal of the upper rail screws too, it would be the best way to go to reduce any stress on the slots for the hexagonal inserts... I probably will do just that on the next one that I take apart.

I use blue Loctite 243 on all of the rail screws, red high strength threadlocker just isn't a good choice for these... Beretta uses some sort of gel type thread locker that they dip the screws in during assembly, but the threads are too fine on these screws to work well with a gel type threadlocker in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 12:19:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#13]

View Quote

Yes.  A single row path along the top & bottom of the slots is the best approach for a straight, linear cut.  It's also imperitive that you use a bench mill with a slide table.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Once again, I applaud the A3 cuts you guys are making.  We may not be mag-dumping at hostiles in the Stan, but they sure look good.

Also jonesing real hard for one of those OSS Helix cans.  Rob Ski's been speaking highly of them with usage on AKs, and I know I've got some other rifles that are sensitive to back pressure.  But that NFA wait time.  I miss the glory days of trust transfers being crazy fast.

Originally Posted By Terraericthys:
https://i.imgur.com/sYq90EO.jpg

I made these. They're just Kydex cut with razor blades and drill press, shaped with a sand belt, and then finally fitted with a file. They're honestly a pain to make and probably won't be making more until I can get some kind of automated table top cutting machine. They just take way too much time to make by hand and for every 10 I make I end up tossing out 3 due to being too off tolerances. And eBay takes occasionally takes down the listing for policy violation. They're made from 0.08" Kydex. I've made them thinner before but they were too flimsy. Heat hasn't been an issue. Gas does still leak out but not as much as without the cover and is manageable. If you're not using a suppressor you don't need it but I personally like the looks. The compromise is you'll have to switch the charging handle to the opposite side. I run mine on the right because I'm use to it on AK's but also it keeps everything on the right such as the WML and stock when folded. I prefer this when slipping it into a bag or so it doesn't snag or dig into me when on long hikes. My ARX has had a lot of mods to it. It's all a result of some of the frustrations I had with Beretta giving us a great concept but holding short on things like the grip, magazine compatibility, buttpad, etc. Of course we've all echoed that rant so I digress. But, the Ejection Port Cover was one of those things I really wanted and is something Beretta could have easily delivered on since lots of people were asking for it. If anyone wants one here I'll sell it shipped for $30, just message me. Again, they're covers, not seals and are made one by one and vary in dimensions but they all work. It's an addition to the almost non-existent ARX accessories market. My ARX is nearly where I want it to be, this is just the latest piece. All that's left for me is a Form 1 I'm delayed on, which is a whole other rant.
View Quote

Curious about your buttpad solution on your ARX, would love to know a little more about what it is and how you fit it.  I like that it adds a bit of length to the stock.  It looks familiar, but I can't quite place it.  Not Mesa Tactical, not LimbSaver, not HK, not Beretta.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Looks like there's a defective part in the ShootingSight ARX trigger... It sounds like replacement parts are being made and will be shipped out to all previous buyers. > Link.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:12:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#16]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Curious about your buttpad solution on your ARX, would love to know a little more about what it is and how you fit it.  I like that it adds a bit of length to the stock.  It looks familiar, but I can't quite place it.  Not Mesa Tactical, not LimbSaver, not HK, not Beretta.
View Quote

I think it's a Magpul buttpad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Once again, I applaud the A3 cuts you guys are making.  We may not be mag-dumping at hostiles in the Stan, but they sure look good.

Also jonesing real hard for one of those OSS Helix cans.  Rob Ski's been speaking highly of them with usage on AKs, and I know I've got some other rifles that are sensitive to back pressure.  But that NFA wait time.  I miss the glory days of trust transfers being crazy fast.

View Quote

Nexus Tactical had it featured on their website at one point, but I'm not sure if they're still operating.  It looks like a Magpul buttpad mod.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Still waiting for the ARX-100 pistol (FDE would be nice too).
They have all the parts necessary to bring them to market now. SBR kits and pic-rail for the butt of the pistol.
Then you could install your choice of brace, or Beretta could sell it with a folder brace installed.

Dooooo It Nooooooowwww!
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 1:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#19]
I find the .308 more appealing than a pistol variant.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:18:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:

I would agree that’s why I just sold my arx100 because my Tavor 7 just fills my ambi adaptable rifle itch.

I hadn’t planned on selling the arx heck I just received all my spare parts from brownells

So if anyone is looking for spare arx parts pm me
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Putting aside the current panic.
Is the ARX-100 in FDE a special run or only offered in SBR configuration (I don't think so)?
I have not seen one in a LGS, and never in the wild.
Saying that, I have never seen any ARX-100 in the wild.
I maybe interested in one dressed for the sandbox.

If Beretta doesn't make these in a pistol configuration, it maybe my 1sr stamped SBR.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
Is the ARX-100 in FDE a special run or only offered in SBR configuration (I don't think so)?

If Beretta doesn't make these in a pistol configuration, it maybe my 1sr stamped SBR.
View Quote

I myself just looked and Botach has them fir 900 before the stamp. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

They were very limited production for sure.  The part number for the 16” FDE was JXR11B12.

I have one. Color is more a coyote brown hue than FDE; it’s a really nice color.  There’s pics waaaay back in the thread somewhere with my M9A3 and ACR.

I <3 dead platforms.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I’ve been trying to find a certain post in this thread. There was a picture of a magwell that had been modified to take Magpul mags with the overinsertion tabs?

Any suggestions how to find it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:
I’ve been trying to find a certain post in this thread. There was a picture of a magwell that had been modified to take Magpul mags with the overinsertion tabs?

Any suggestions how to find it?

Thanks
View Quote

Might not be the one you meant, since I'm sure others have done it and I never actually finished  the lower entirely. Was going to do a few mods to it, got bored and moved on. :)

You just have to widen and deepen slightly, not hard, but I only have like 1 Gen3 mag anymore so didn't bother modifying my main lower.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Why not modify the $10 disposable magazine instead of the gun?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Supra_MK3:
View Quote

If it was possible to do a nice looking job at it I'd rather modify the lower. It would just be easier than modifying hundreds of Gen 3 PMAGS.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

This is what I did. Along with not getting gen 3 pmags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#30]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep, it’s one of the Magpul Enhanced Rubber 0.70 buttpads.

https://magpul.com/moeslenhancedrubberbutt-pad-0-70inch.html?mp_global_color=118

https://magpul.com/enhancedrubberbutt-pad-0-70.html?mp_global_color=118

Thanks for the tip! Going to order one or both to see what wizardry needs to be performed on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

https://i.imgur.com/jElIArem.jpg?2

Might not be the one you meant, since I'm sure others have done it and I never actually finished  the lower entirely. Was going to do a few mods to it, got bored and moved on. :)

You just have to widen and deepen slightly, not hard, but I only have like 1 Gen3 mag anymore so didn't bother modifying my main lower.
View Quote

I remember that one. There was another one later on. The finished job looked a lot smoother and the person who posted added some details about how he did it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#32]

https://magpul.com/moeslenhancedrubberbutt-pad-0-70inch.html?mp_global_color=118

Thanks for the tip! Going to order one or both to see what wizardry needs to be performed on it.
View Quote

I bought one last week, don't feel comfortable making holes in the rear stock plate, maybe if you cut the tabs off  and used velcro it could work ok.  I had a Magpul
stock on one of my ARs so I ended up putting it on that instead.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

I bought one last week, don't feel comfortable making holes in the rear stock plate, maybe if you cut the tabs off  and used velcro it could work ok.  I had a Magpul
stock on one of my ARs so I ended up putting it on that instead.
View Quote

Interesting.  Well, I have a can of coyote brown spray paint and the ARX stock assemblies are cheap at the moment, so...
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Interesting.  Well, I have a can of coyote brown spray paint and the ARX stock assemblies are cheap at the moment, so...
View Quote

Funny you should mention that, Brownell's has the stock for 82 bucks, I may reconsider, thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#35]
That's not a bad price, then I clicked and saw the price of a 16 inch barrel!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Could we get some close up pics of that mod please?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Thanks
View All Quotes

Thanks

Looks like it will require fasteners.  The stock is integrally fixed to the upper, so the margin for error is thin.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I want to be able to pick up ANY magazine that fits an AR and use it in my ARX. I don’t want to have to take the time to see if it will fit or mark the ones that will. So far, this is the only flaw I see in the ARX.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

I want to be able to pick up ANY magazine that fits an AR and use it in my ARX. I don’t want to have to take the time to see if it will fit or mark the ones that will. So far, this is the only flaw I see in the ARX.
View Quote

I've only ever bought the metal ones usually C products, never needed any other kind since they've always worked for me I figured why change, comes in handy with my FS2000 also.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, the magazine issue never really bothered me with the ARX.  It's a lot more forgiving than the FS2000 is, leaving the PMAG M3, first-gen Lancers, and HK's first-gen translucent polymer mags as the only things I have in quantity that won't work with it.  I prefer Lancer AWMs and L5As as my primary go-to mags, which will behave in the ARX, and my tacti-lol gear is setup with USGI mags for reloads.  The FS2000 lives in the back of the safe anyway--not because I wouldn't trust it in an emergency, instead because I have better choices.

I just blame Magpul for putting the stupid over-insertion tab on the M3. Maybe the military required it, maybe not, but I never have had any issues requiring a solution like that.  They retired the original EMAG, one of my favorites, because the M3 "fixed" the issues requiring its existence, after tainting the last-gen EMAG design with the tab.  That thing is the forward assist of magazines.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#41]
There's plenty of oddball magazines that won't fit even modifying it for MagPul gen3. I was cutting back the magwell a bit to fit more, but then never finished it. I have a bunch of actual milspec magazines, so not really worried that it won't fit everything. I can understand why it might be irritating for someone that already had a mix of other mags though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Thanks
View Quote

I also would like to know how people are modding them and how they are holding up.  I don't mind drilling holes if they are holding up well.  The factory stock is too short and a little more length that looks as good as that would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#43]

For guys asking about the magwell modification.

It was fairly easy but will take some time. All I did was take a battery powered Dremel with boring bit and removed a bit of material and then polished it up so it looked nearly OEM. I don't have measurements so just look closely at the picture. If you do it right you'll have a nice functional shelf for the overinsertion tab on your PMAG and very little magazine wobble. Yes, it drops freely, and yes it'll work flawlessly with the Magpul D-60.

For guys asking about the Buttpad modification.

It's just a Magpul SL Buttpad. You'll need to peel off the rubber from the polymer backing. Stick the backing in the oven to 300°F until its malleable. Then shape it to the contour of the ARX Buttpad and let it cool. Now you can drill the holes. I've wanted to try rivet nut inserts for a clean installation but I haven't found any short enough to not interfere with the mechanism within the buttstock as clearance is very tight. For now mine is direct threaded but it's held up to a lot of shooting/rucking/larping.

A3 Vent Holes

I started used a milling machine but it can be done with a cutting wheel or even drill press. Most of the work was done will files. Basically be careful and take your time (took me about 3-4 hours).
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:00:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terraericthys] [#44]
Other mods you may want to consider.

First off, remove your side rails if you're not using them. When you reinsert the rail screws make sure to use washers otherwise you'll overtighten and damage the tabs on the Polymer Ring on the end of the handguard.

Remove the A2 Grip Nub. Best way to get rid of the sanding marks is to use a Green Scotch Brite Pad until the finish nearly matches the original finish on the polymer. If you need more girth on the grip cut a bicycle tube and slip it over the grip. Coat the grip in baby powder to make it easier to slip over.

If the safety lever on your ARX is too stiff, replace the springs with Beretta 92 Safety Lever Springs.

If your bolt release is extremely difficult to actuate using your trigger finger just remove the bottom magazine release and insert a Beretta 92 Safety Lever Springs within the existing spring which will make it much easier to manipulate. Test it at the range though to make sure your bolt locks back when empty. I had to cut two coils to make it work.

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, the magazine issue never really bothered me with the ARX.  It's a lot more forgiving than the FS2000 is, leaving the PMAG M3, first-gen Lancers, and HK's first-gen translucent polymer mags as the only things I have in quantity that won't work with it.  I prefer Lancer AWMs and L5As as my primary go-to mags, which will behave in the ARX, and my tacti-lol gear is setup with USGI mags for reloads.  The FS2000 lives in the back of the safe anyway--not because I wouldn't trust it in an emergency, instead because I have better choices.

I just blame Magpul for putting the stupid over-insertion tab on the M3. Maybe the military required it, maybe not, but I never have had any issues requiring a solution like that.  They retired the original EMAG, one of my favorites, because the M3 "fixed" the issues requiring its existence, after tainting the last-gen EMAG design with the tab.  That thing is the forward assist of magazines.
View Quote

I decided to standardize on Gen 2 PMags and Labelle/D&H USGI mags with the magpul followers. Might be old school, but both work just fine. For my purposes (and most purposes) the Gen 2 Pmag is functionally just as good as the Gen 3, and doesn't have the unnecessary overinsertion tabs.

I have plenty of Gen 3s but they're mostly still in the wrappers and the ones that aren't are kept loaded in cases with their specific rifles.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Terraericthys:
https://i.imgur.com/HTx9f6M.jpg

For guys asking about the magwell modification.

It was fairly easy but will take some time. All I did was take a battery powered Dremel with boring bit and removed a bit of material and then polished it up so it looked nearly OEM. I don't have measurements so just look closely at the picture. If you do it right you'll have a nice functional shelf for the overinsertion tab on your PMAG and very little magazine wobble. Yes, it drops freely, and yes it'll work flawlessly with the Magpul D-60.

https://i.imgur.com/sYq90EO.jpg

For guys asking about the Buttpad modification.

It's just a Magpul SL Buttpad. You'll need to peel off the rubber from the polymer backing. Stick the backing in the oven to 300°F until its malleable. Then shape it to the contour of the ARX Buttpad and let it cool. Now you can drill the holes. I've wanted to try rivet nut inserts for a clean installation but I haven't found any short enough to not interfere with the mechanism within the buttstock as clearance is very tight. For now mine is direct threaded but it's held up to a lot of shooting/rucking/larping.

A3 Vent Holes

I started used a milling machine but it can be done with a cutting wheel or even drill press. Most of the work was done will files. Basically be careful and take your time (took me about 3-4 hours).
View Quote

Your appearance is timely.

I got my replacement stock last week and spent some time over the weekend trying to get the butt plate module (for lack of a better name) out.  I see the two tabs mid-way up the stock retain it, but it's awkward as hell to push them in (used two punches) but then I couldn't figure out how to push it out.  I saw it move a bit as I levered on the punches, but I didn't want to force it.  Any tips on that?

What size/length screws did you use to direct-attach to the plate?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Your appearance is timely.

I got my replacement stock last week and spent some time over the weekend trying to get the butt plate module (for lack of a better name) out.  I see the two tabs mid-way up the stock retain it, but it's awkward as hell to push them in (used two punches) but then I couldn't figure out how to push it out.  I saw it move a bit as I levered on the punches, but I didn't want to force it.  Any tips on that?

What size/length screws did you use to direct-attach to the plate?
View Quote

I was also checking over mine this weekend and I didn't want to break anything, I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#48]
So I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I'm wanting to purchase an ARX100 online, and I want the 10" SBR version, but I've never had to file anything with the ATF before so I'm not 100% clear on exactly how their bizarre and arbitrary laws work. I do know that modifying a rifle into an SBR requires a Form 1, which takes a month or two to process, whereas purchasing an already assembled complete SBR requires a Form 4, which can take up to a YEAR to process.

Since i REALLY don't want to have to wait a year for my gun, I'm curious what the legality of the following situation would be: would it be legal to buy the 10" SBR, but have the seller remove the 10" barrel and ship it separately, then i file a Form 1, wait a month for it to clear, then drop the 10" barrel back into the gun and assemble my brand new SBR? Legally i see it as functionally identical to buying the 16" version, purchasing the 10" SBR barrel separately, filling a Form 1, then switching the barrels out.

Would the ATF see it the same way?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Wouldn't the dealer, an SOT to receive the SBR, have to have it removed from the active NFA registry before transferring it to a individual as a firearm?  Without the 10 inch barrel, of course.
Then a Form 1 and engraving would have to be done to get it back on the NFA registry?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Superabound:
So I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I'm wanting to purchase an ARX100 online, and I want the 10" SBR version, but I've never had to file anything with the ATF before so I'm not 100% clear on exactly how their bizarre and arbitrary laws work. I do know that modifying a rifle into an SBR requires a Form 1, which takes a month or two to process, whereas purchasing an already assembled complete SBR requires a Form 4, which can take up to a YEAR to process.

Since i REALLY don't want to have to wait a year for my gun, I'm curious what the legality of the following situation would be: would it be legal to buy the 10" SBR, but have the seller remove the 10" barrel and ship it separately, then i file a Form 1, wait a month for it to clear, then drop the 10" barrel back into the gun and assemble my brand new SBR? Legally i see it as functionally identical to buying the 16" version, purchasing the 10" SBR barrel separately, filling a Form 1, then switching the barrels out.

Would the ATF see it the same way?
View Quote

Yeah.  I don't think you are going to find a dealer who values his license/freedom to play those kind of games.

Buy the 16" rifle.

File your Form 1.

When your stamp/email comes, take your rifle barrel to have it cut down or buy the 10".

Have your receiver or barrel engraved.

Put it together.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top