Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/12/2002 9:36:35 PM EDT
About POS accessories! My worst add-on was one of those cheap-ass chinese copies of the Colt AR15 scopes. After about an hour and a half of trying to get it to put 2 rds within 4 inches of each other, I used it to verify my iron sights (as the target). Yours? This may help some of us keep from making a costly mistake, so please chime in......
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:45:52 PM EDT
That story doesn't sound much different from my worst accessory buy. I bought a 30$ Tasco scope to go on my Marlin Model 60 (cheap 22 semi-auto rifle), and I spent 90 minutes and over 300 rounds of ammo trying to sight it in. I never could even get on the paper at 20 yards. I didn't figure-out what the problem was (lose reticle?), because it just wasn't worth the hassle.z
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:03:47 PM EDT
One of those goofy plastic bipods.. Seems they don't like full auto fire, nor even "brisk" semi auto..It was cheap, anyhow..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:07:36 PM EDT
One of those trigger actuators. After I learned here that you could just hand bump the gun and get even more desirable effects, why did I spend the money on that damn thing in the first place?!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:20:56 AM EDT
Wow, where do I start?

I bought a trigger gadget once long ago, it had a crank handle that broke off immediately.

Williams aperture sight for the AK, it broke and was very flimsy.

Ruger aftermarket Mini 14 mags, some didn't even fit in the rifle to begin with, the rest work about 2/3 of the time and jam the rest of the time.

RCBS reloading equipment. After a couple of years with a Rock Chucker, I was ready to chuck the press.

Hi-cap 10/22 mags, jammomatics.

I could go on . . .
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:24:22 AM EDT
One of those cheap gunshow lasers with the fit all monkey-metal clamps. Put it on a Marlin Camp 9, point of impact would change about 8 inches at 25 yds with every pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:27:08 AM EDT
Here's my mistakes:
1. Trigger gadget for my Cobray M11
2. Laser for my CAR-15
3. Mag-Cinch (they hold the mags together fine, but the open mag likes to spit out the cartridges when I fire the weapon.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:26:04 AM EDT
One time I bought a CAR-15 "look-a-like" long flashhider for a normal 16" barrel. Of course, I was young, dumb and full of money at the time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:53:05 AM EDT
Hi cap mags for my ruger 40S&W. Every time I see one at a gun show, I buy it thinking it will be better than the last. Never is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:58:39 AM EDT
Cheap bipods that clamp onto the ARs barrel. Total junk. Throws your point of impact off more than you could possibly believe. Only a fool (me, a long time ago) would buy one. Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:19:07 AM EDT
Any of the 1-size-fitz-most holsters I've bought over the years. I've long since learned that a holster needs to be fitted to a particular gun to be worthwhile.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:50:47 AM EDT
32-rd USA magazines for the Colt 9mm AR. Pieces of crap. Will not hold the bolt open since they are modified UZI magazines. They jam a lot, and are a BITCH to load. Maybe they work better in UZIs???? Any bids?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:43:15 PM EDT
ARMS #2 mount and a chink carryhandle scope.
GG
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:44:26 PM EDT
Call me crazy, but I actually bought a scope for an AK47 once. And no I wasn't smokeing crack.

Hell I even spent a few bucks on it and got a PSO-1. Never could get it mounted on my Romanian AK with sidemount. It always wobbled. So I decided to tighten up the mounts.

That was not a good idea. I snapped one of the nuts just hand tightening it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:40:18 PM EDT
The detachable SKS mag from USA. It would detach alright, every couple rounds
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:09:20 AM EDT
any sort of "tac trigger"
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:03:05 PM EDT
Well, I didn't "buy" it, it came with my Bushy, but the worst was a USA 30 round magazine shaped device.

I knew it would suck, so I bought a carload of USGI and threw it in a can with loose ammo, where it was forgotten.

I finally tried it out one day.

Loaded it with 30 rounds and it actually held the ammo.

I locked it into the magwell, and confirmed it was locked in by pulling down on it.

I charged the weapon, and fired. I fired again.

Just as "wow, maybe this one works..." left my lips, the mag fell out of the weapon, hit the ground, and spewed about 5 rounds out before jamming 3-4 rounds, held only by their rims, in a beautiful fan shape, almost like origami.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:11:23 PM EDT
Plastic SKS magazines-- if not aligned exactly right, the lips can be sheared right off when the bolt closes to take a round off the top of the magazine. Now you have a worthless magazine what won't hold ammo....
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:25:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By seamusmcoi:
Hell I even spent a few bucks on it and got a PSO-1. Never could get it mounted on my Romanian AK with sidemount. It always wobbled. So I decided to tighten up the mounts.

Dude you just had the wrong scope for your rail mount. You needed a Pso-V or a different rail
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 10:51:27 PM EDT
C-More Tactical Sight - nasty parallex issues - no click adjustment just SWAG, and a zero that would shift if it ever got bumped.
Neat Idea lousy execution
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:34:55 PM EDT
One of those really cool looking tactical holsters that loop around your belt and have 2 straps to your leg. What a piece of crap! If I don't cinch that F**ker so tight that it cuts off my circulation, it starts wobbling all over the place after about 10 steps. And I ain't no beanpole-played soccer and hockey most of my life. Finally bought a couple of those Israeli plastic jobs, they work just fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:03:19 AM EDT
So much to report, so little space. Where to begin:

- Blackhawk gear, all Blackhawk gear. Was at Tunder Ranch for Urban Rifle a while back. There was not one piece of Blackhawk gear which survived to the end of the course; and there was plenty of gear. Vests, pouches, you name it. And all of it, absolutely all of it, was ripping apart at the seams and/or tearing by about day three of Urban Rifle. By friday morning, there was not a single piece of Blackhawk gear to be seen anywhere at Thunder Ranch; all of it had been discarded.

-Ruger Mini-14's. Man there's nothing like a gun with a $15.00 barrel which shoots 6-8 inch groups at 100 yrds. However works great as a pry bar.

-USA mags. How this company stays in business is beyond me. I have just a couple which I use whenever I want to do training for jams on my pistol. Man do they ever work, great jams, some very difficult to un-do. Little metal shavings in the action, stovepipes, double feds, bent mag lips, you name it - what wonderful practice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:21:56 PM EDT
I have never bought a POS aftermarket accessory. Honest
Top Top