Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 1:53:10 AM EDT
I would like to begin the process of having a suppressor transferred to me.  I already have the Form 4 in hand, what next?  Go on the assumption that the CLEO will not sign off on the form.

thanks in advance!
g-a-molee
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe incorporation is your only alternative. The can will be "owned" by the corp, not you personally.

my.02
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, you can always become a Class III dealer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is this a joke? Can any old joe get such a license? If my county CLEO wont sign form4's off for us, is there any chance in hell of getting to be a c3 dealer?

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would like to begin the process of having a suppressor transferred to me.  I already have the Form 4 in hand, what next?  Go on the assumption that the CLEO will not sign off on the form.

thanks in advance!
g-a-molee

Contact a feela known as "WA Tom" [email protected], as WA has some strange laws in regards to suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this a joke? Can any old joe get such a license? If my county CLEO wont sign form4's off for us, is there any chance in hell of getting to be a c3 dealer?

Class III is Federal Government approved.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The 'incorporation route' is the last resort, where you could start a profit or non-profit corporation that would act as a holding entity for your suppressors.  In WA, a non-profit is pretty cheap, and little paperwork is needed.

However, keeping a corporation alive is a serious undertaking, where you have to pay taxes and file the paperwork each year. Not taking it serious and not keeping up with the paperwork could cause the company to 'die' and then YOU are in possession of a weapon registered to YOU not the company.

If you're in WA, ask the guys at Wade's or other CL3 dealers in WA about how it works... Any good NFA dealer can tell you the score.

What kind of can are you getting?

swtc
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok where in Wa do you live? If you are in eastern Washington then good chances for a sign off. If you are in western Wa the closer to Seattle you are the less chance to get a sign off. You can incorporate and you can bypass all sign offs. Now for the crappy part. You can own a can in Wa but you can not shoot a firearm with a suppressor on it. Weird law I know but that is the way it works in WA.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not already incorporated...

So which is better, For-profit or Not-for-profit corporations?

Is one easier to maintain or cheaper to maintain than another?

GardenWeasel,  good link.  Lots of info. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Definatly go non-profit. Email me for some more info. I just had a buddy go trough this and am thinking about it myself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top