Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/4/2003 7:59:53 AM EDT
Saturday morning I went shooting and there was a guy at the range with a Grizzly Big Boar. He let me shoot it and that thing was a hoot! I was really surprised by the recoil- a healthy shove, nothing like what you get from a 30.06.

I've been trying to figure out how to justify a .50 BMG next year. Hmmm... I'd have to buy my wife something really, really big.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:45:46 AM EDT
Brohawk,
I'm in a similar situation here. I get all pumped up to buy a 50, but then that $2,000 plus price tag brings me back to reality. This is a bunch of cash to be sure. Perhaps this coming Spring....

Having shot a couple 50's (AR50) and been impressed, I would like to have one. Unfortunately around here many of the rifle ranges do not allow 50BMG, so I would have to work at finding places and buddies to shoot with. If You (or I) got into a group of 50 BMG guys thay had a shoot every couple months that would be the best deal.

I think for me finding a group of like minded 50 shooters is the next step. I won't buy a rifle that I have nowhere to shoot it. While impressing others with the 50 is fun, it seems to me a group of 50 shooters meeting once a month (or so) and pounding lead out to long ranges together would be more than just a hoot.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:16:42 AM EDT
There's a local gun club that I'm planning on joining in the Spring, after I get back from a trip overseas. They are moving their high power range from 800 to 1,000 yards, and a friend told me that they will eventually take it back to 2,000! So, I think I'd have a place to shoot.

However, as you pointed out, it's hard to get started on a limited budget. Maybe I could sell one of the kids...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:35:19 AM EDT
Brohawk,

So are you saying that a 30-06's recoil is WORSE than that of the Grizzly Big Boar?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:15:10 PM EDT
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top