Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2003 3:32:43 PM EDT
I thinking about buying an OKO scope.  Anyone out there have any experience with them, and what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Jay
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to hear someone thinks there good enough for them to compete with one.  Guess the little I've heard is the $ difference makes them appealing over the more expensive Aimpoint, C-more, Bushnell aren't that much better (if they are) to spend $100. more.  And hey! they only weigh 2.5 oz.
It looks like a C-more, but $100. less.
I'm going to dump my BSA red dot which I have good success with, and get one.
Thanks for your input.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Look around and you can find an Aimpoint in that price range.  I bought my Comp-M XD for just under $200 NIB.

And BTW, why are you asking about sights in the tac gear forum?  Go to the AR15 board and scroll down to the optics and sights forum.  You'll find several threads about these sights and get feedback from a lot more people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't used an OKO, and don't know what they cost. You can get an EOTech, which i like better than an Aimpoint, for $300. they come with a mount.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i have OKO's and EOTechs....i like both.  i actually prefer the OKO over the Aimpoint, although i would give the Aimpoint the edge in overall durability, simply due to the fact that it has flip covers and a heavy coating.
However, i hate "tube" designs, and can not use an Aimpoint effectively (that's just ME though).    between OKO and Eotech i do seem to shoot better with an EO past 100 yards, but i love having the OKO on my CQB-type guns (Remington 870 with SST-870 adapter and 9mm AR15).
other factors:  yes, the metal shroud for an OKO costs more, but so does a mount for an Aimpoint!  battery life is almost a Non-issue with the OKO...1500+ hours.
just my random thoughts.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
btw...that video of Russel is him shooting at 200 yards...Russel uses the OKO on all the guns he shoots competition with and outshoots me every damn time!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top