Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 4/28/2018 2:14:19 PM EST
CDNN has them back in stock. They work superbly in my 583 Series Mini-14 and at only $14.99, they are a steal! They won't last long.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/mini-14-223-20rd-premium.html
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:49:03 PM EST
That’s great news. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 4:08:02 PM EST
you just cost me $120
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:37:36 PM EST
I definitely grabbed a couple to test.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:38:40 PM EST
Dam it you cost me money.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:08:27 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BallisticTip:
Dam it you cost me money.
View Quote
how much?

I ended up getting 3... then 4 P89 mags and a AR end plate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:59:25 AM EST
I got 3, I figure I have 4 Ruger 20 round mags here now plus the 10 rounders. Gives me 1 for the range and 6 for zombies (I ain't carrying it if the zombies come )

I just sprang for the a new Mini200 rear sight and odd's are I'll get a strut and flash hider down the road.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:14:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:
I got 3, I figure I have 4 Ruger 20 round mags here now plus the 10 rounders. Gives me 1 for the range and 6 for zombies (I ain't carrying it if the zombies come )

I just sprang for the a new Mini200 rear sight and odd's are I'll get a strut and flash hider down the road.
View Quote
I bought them because all I have are aftermarket ones and I shoot action rifle matches. I always wanted to take my mini, but the mags I have kind of suck reliability wise. Now I can see what the mini will do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:51:02 AM EST
Ruger made OEM straight 20rd mags?

I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:00:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:10:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

I don't believe it.
View Quote
it says this.

RUGER MINI-14 223 20RD MAGAZINE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

This magazine is original equipment; which means it's manufactured in the same factory using the same process as the magazines that shipped with the gun originally.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:51:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
I bought them because all I have are aftermarket ones and I shoot action rifle matches. I always wanted to take my mini, but the mags I have kind of suck reliability wise. Now I can see what the mini will do.
View Quote
I've 1 promag 20 rounder I was using as a range mag that was on the iffy side. This way I can use 1 of the new ones as a range mag.

I'm still undecided on my Mini. I was trying to use a scope on it and didn't like the way it handled (Vortex 2-7), took that off and yesterday was the 1st trip trying to zero the cheap assed Ruger rear sight (mines a Ranch a bought at Wally World a couple years ago on a Black Friday sale) .

I gave up after 25 rounds (I'd zeroed the irons before I mounted the scope 2 years ago). I was getting decent elevation but the windage kept moving to the right, damn set screw ain't worth crap.

I'm hoping the Mini200 takes care of that, I want to like the rifle since I'm a fan of M-1 Carbines and bought the Mini as a substitute to keep the round count down on my USGI one.

We'll see. I'm not expecting AR groups with a Mini but the broad side of a barn joke ain't cutting it......and I now have 2 M-1 Carbines so I've 1 I can shoot (import marked one, my "good" one is a CMP Inland with a Winchester barrel)
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:58:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/29/2018 10:00:44 AM EST by COSteve]
it says this.

This magazine is original equipment; which means it's manufactured in the same factory using the same process as the magazines that shipped with the gun originally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't believe it.
it says this.

OE Brand. That's the name of the company. While they claim that they made the original, so do Springfield Armory, Henry Repeating Arms, and Inland Manufacturing all claim that they are the original company and they are all lying. They all bought the names. To my knowledge, Ruger never offered straight 20rd Mini-14 mags; they have always been curved.

However, the bottom line isn't who the company is but rather if the mags are any good. My testing of 5 of them vs 5 of Ruger's own shows that they are every bit as good (and in some cases better) than Ruger's mags. That can not be said for most aftermarket Mini-14 mags. Best of all, at $15 each, they are priced right.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:59:23 AM EST
mini accuracy isn't horrible. you can bang 6 inch plates at 200 yards all day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:04:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By COSteve:
OE Brand. That's the name of the company. While they claim that they made the original, so do Springfield Armory, Henry Repeating Arms, and Inland Manufacturing all claim that they are the original company and they are all lying. They all bought the names. To my knowledge, Ruger never offered straight 20rd Mini-14 mags; they have always been curved.

However, the bottom line isn't who the company is but rather if the mags are any good. My testing of 5 of them vs 5 of Ruger's own shows that they are every bit as good (and in some cases better) than Ruger's mags. That can not be said for most aftermarket Mini-14 mags. Best of all, at $15 each, they are priced right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't believe it.
it says this.

I didnt know that.. Once again deceptive advertising got me for 3 of these and 4 P89 mags. More shit I gotta sell later.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:09:21 AM EST
No need to sell them. They are actually better than Ruger's current batch of 20rd mags. I've sent my review to the CEO of Ruger suggesting that he have a hard talk with his supplier as Ruger's current mags don't measure up to the OE brand I have. Also, if you don't want yours, I'll gladly take them off of your hands.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:33:27 AM EST
No need to sell them. They are actually better than Ruger's current batch of 20rd mags. I've sent my review to the CEO of Ruger suggesting that he have a hard talk with his supplier as Ruger's current mags don't measure up to the OE brand I have. Also, if you don't want yours, I'll gladly take them off of your hands.
View Quote
Thanks for the reviews. I'm sure they are fine.
The OE brand makes it sound like it's factory... a bit deceptive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:34:55 PM EST
I'd say if you found a buyer for a aftermarket Mini 14 mag, sell it quickly.
Otherwise don't waste your time And money trying to get aftermarket mini 14 mags to function.
There are very few aftermarket mini 14 mags that consistently work.
OE BRAND is not made by Ruger or original Ruger Equipment. That is the name of their company.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:51:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By mouthpiece:
I'd say if you found a buyer for a aftermarket Mini 14 mag, sell it quickly.
Otherwise don't waste your time And money trying to get aftermarket mini 14 mags to function.
There are very few aftermarket mini 14 mags that consistently work.
OE BRAND is not made by Ruger or original Ruger Equipment. That is the name of their company.
View Quote
Ruger subcontracts their mags, they don't make them in-house. The OE brand mags are 1st rate and function as well or better than the current mags produced for Ruger. In fact, after I sent a 'Tell the CEO' email to Ruger on their site last week, Mr. Eric Schellhorn, Director of Sportswear & Accessories, Ruger Firearms; "Ruger's Mr. Magazines" called me yesterday afternoon to talk about my comments I sent to the CEO concerning OE brand's 20rd Mini-14 mags vs Ruger's 20rd Mini-14 mags, their design, quality, and pricing.

I suggested that Ruger purchase a few OE brand mags from CDNN and evaluate them for their design, quality, functioning, and pricing. He indicated that as a result of my email, they were in the process of getting some to look them over. We talked for a while about my findings and he was surprised at my evaluation concerning their design and operation as I said that I considered OE's mags to be superior to Ruger's current grouping and that in my testing of 5 OE 20rd mags vs 5 Ruger 20rd mags, they functioned better with zero failures to feed vs Ruger's 1 failure to feed.

Yep, better from a mag that sells for 1/2 of what Ruger mags cost.

As a former US Army trained Armorer on the M14, I'm very familure with the function of the M14, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and therefore the Mini as they all share the same basic design. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:00:53 AM EST

Ruger subcontracts their mags, they don't make them in-house.
View Quote
That actually surprises me, with how much stuff Ruger refuses to let be done outside their shop (headspacing, etc). It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for the information above?

Also....impressive that they called you back over your comment on the mags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:47:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
That actually surprises me, with how much stuff Ruger refuses to let be done outside their shop (headspacing, etc). It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for the information above?

Also....impressive that they called you back over your comment on the mags.
View Quote
Yes I do, read my post above.

Is Mr. Eric Schellhorn, Director of Sportswear & Accessories, Ruger Firearms; "Ruger's Mr. Magazines" good enough for you? He told me what I already knew yesterday. They subcontract the accessories, including magazines. In fact, he told me that the supplier that manufactured the Ruger 20rd mags I got for my Mini in March 2015 isn't the same one producing them today, however, they are producing them to Ruger's specs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:53:57 AM EST
mini accuracy isn't horrible. you can bang 6 inch plates at 200 yards all day.
View Quote
My Mini has been tweaked, that's true. And, I shoot only handloads specifically tuned to it.

That said, I use it to shoot at bowling pins at 200yds with ease when I'm on and at 300yds if I'm really on that day. And yes, that's with the iron sights I have on it (target aperture on a Mini200 rear sight and a thinned front blade to .050" wide giving me 'NM' like sights, same as are on my M1A).
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:20:42 PM EST
Someone let me know when 10 rd mags are on sale.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:50:51 AM EST
I loaded my two up today, and noticed that the right hand feed lip of one was significantly more bent than the other. Don't know if it will cause issues or not.

How important is replacing the mag followers with Ruger brand, specifically?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:06:33 PM EST
For those who care, my two mags ran well, but for one round that I seated wrongly in the mag/immediately hung up.

I plan to buy several more of these when they come back in stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:49:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
I plan to buy several more of these when they come back in stock.
View Quote
Now's your chance. They're back.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/mini-14-223-20rd-premium.html?___SID=U
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 7:11:32 PM EST
Now's your chance. They're back.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/mini-14-223-20rd-premium.html?___SID=U
View Quote
You just cost me more money on these things
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:01:45 PM EST
Thanks for the heads-up