Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 3:41:35 PM EDT
I came across one and it seems pretty neat.  16" SS barrel, skeletonized folding stock, bayo lug, vortex flash hider.  Does anybody own one?  If so, how do you like it? Pros/Cons?  What would one in 90-95% cost?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms is a hot button issue here - some are ok with them, some absolutly hate them.  My experience with them has always been postive with a complete rifle, and a seperate upper.  Very accurate rifles.  They also have a lifetime warranty.

One bid disadvantage to some, and kind of a no big deal with others, is that it will almost certainly be non chrome lined 4140 steel (as opposed to 4150 Chrome lined or chrome lined Mil-b-11595 vanadium).  The barrel steel is fine with me personally, but I want chrome lining.  As such I went with Rock River for my latest rifle.

-K
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Olympic Arms is a hot button issue here - some are ok with them, some absolutly hate them.  My experience with them has always been postive with a complete rifle, and a seperate upper.  Very accurate rifles.  They also have a lifetime warranty.

One bid disadvantage to some, and kind of a no big deal with others, is that it will almost certainly be non chrome lined 4140 steel (as opposed to 4150 Chrome lined or chrome lined Mil-b-11595 vanadium).  The barrel steel is fine with me personally, but I want chrome lining.  As such I went with Rock River for my latest rifle.

-K

Thanks for the great info.  From what I've read from other people's review/experiences, I know to stay away from the Oly Arms Plinker model.  I have a post-ban Bushy M4A2 (no bayo lug, mini-Y comp thats LOUD) and I think the OA-93 would be neat to go with my Bushy, since it has some "evil" features.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No sweat.  Ask this in the AR-15 forum and you're liable to get alot more hits.  Depending on the price, I don't think you'll go wrong, but there are many others here who hate Olympic Arms like a Fem-Nazi hates shaving her arm pits.  Might be worth considering.

-K
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, but I have yet to fire it, as I've got no place to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have one, but I have yet to fire it, as I've got no place to shoot.

No place to shoot in TX??  Thought all Texans had acres and acres of ranch land.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Only half Texan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top