Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 3:21:04 PM EDT
I am waiting for my C&R license in the mail. I can't wait for it to get here. Anyway I was talking to the owner of a local gunshop and he was telling me that I can only legally purchase 2 of the same C&R eligible rifles or pistols and can only be in posession of one. LIke I can only have one K31 and one SKS etc. The other has to be given away or sold? From what I have read this is B.S..

Anyone with more knowledge about this that could shed some light on it would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:29:58 PM EDT
Typical unfounded gun store BS.

Buy as many as you like.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:30:32 PM EDT
The gunshop owner is spouting ignorant BS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:33:11 PM EDT
That guy either has an agenda to swindle you or he's a monumental dumbshit. Please pass that along to him for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:30:48 PM EDT
What good is a collection if you can only possess one of any certain type of thing.
This is ignorant gunstore owner BS, there seems to be alot of that going arround now a days.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:09 PM EDT
That jackass is smoking crack!-----ASSCRACK!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:34:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BlammO:
That guy either has an agenda to swindle you or he's a monumental dumbshit. Please pass that along to him for me.

My vote is monumental dipshit.. A C&R is a license to accumulate!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:12:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkiShooter:

Literally. That pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:07:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkiShooter:

Literally. That pretty much sums it up.

That is exactly what I thought. My plan is to have several of each so I can shoot one, and be able to give my children at some point one of each.

Thanks for the info guys. I am sure that I will be asking more questions as time goes one.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:21:49 AM EDT
When you get your C&R, go and get a bound book, the open spaces in that bound book are how many you can buy before you need to get another bound book and fill that one up.

Honestly you can get as many as your wallet will let you get
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:25:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2005 11:30:25 AM EDT by BankerBilly]
Sounds like the dude at the gun shop is full of POOPIE ! !

A C&R is for you to COLLECT ! ! I've bought 3-4 M-N's or SKS's at one time because of an excellent price break or to save on shipping.

Just remember -- to COLLECT -- can't buy and then sell to make a profit.

Uncle Sam won't take kindly to that . . . . .

And I almost forgot . . .

Brownells', Midway and others will offer a VERY nice discount for those that hold a C&R.

When I applied for mine three years ago my shoointg friends told me "just get it -- you'll save money ! "

They LIED ! You don't save money -- you just spend MORE ! ! !

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:29:21 PM EDT

wow, another gun store is scheming a way to get you to buy "their" guns? hard to believe.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:11:32 PM EDT
Ya'll are all full of shit!

You can only buy the number that is available, which is indeed a finite number. So in a sence, they are correct, you can only buy 26,244,234,234!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:45:40 PM EDT
Full of BS as the others have said. However, and this is where there is no clear-cut line and might have lead to what the gun store owner was thinking.
It is legal for you to buy, say three firearms, and then keep the best and sell the other two. You are not dealing...yet.
Then, if you do the same thing a second or third time, flags start to raise. Are you really buying to enhance your collection, or are you dealing?
Do it a forth, fifth or sixth time within a year or two or three, and the ATFE will come down on you like a ton of bricks (should they inspect your books) and they will say you are dealing illegally.

There is no problem to buy one, then sell it to get another of better condition; the problem is buying multiple items and picking the best and selling off the others. You can do that a time or two but when you start making a habit out of it, then the ATFE says you are dealing. The big rub is there is no clear-cut cut-off point that says once is OK, two is OK, three is ??? and 4 is dealing, nor is there any specified time limit on how many times you can do this during any certain period of time. This is the gray area that is totally up to the descretion of the ATFE.

If you buy one gun or a hundred and keep them all, there is no problem.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:07:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
Full of BS as the others have said. However, and this is where there is no clear-cut line and might have lead to what the gun store owner was thinking.
It is legal for you to buy, say three firearms, and then keep the best and sell the other two. You are not dealing...yet.
Then, if you do the same thing a second or third time, flags start to raise. Are you really buying to enhance your collection, or are you dealing?
Do it a forth, fifth or sixth time within a year or two or three, and the ATFE will come down on you like a ton of bricks (should they inspect your books) and they will say you are dealing illegally.

There is no problem to buy one, then sell it to get another of better condition; the problem is buying multiple items and picking the best and selling off the others. You can do that a time or two but when you start making a habit out of it, then the ATFE says you are dealing. The big rub is there is no clear-cut cut-off point that says once is OK, two is OK, three is ??? and 4 is dealing, nor is there any specified time limit on how many times you can do this during any certain period of time. This is the gray area that is totally up to the descretion of the ATFE.

If you buy one gun or a hundred and keep them all, there is no problem.

That's exactly how the rogue tax collectors operate. They let you do go about your business until it suits their whim to assrape you. I'm trying to figure out when arbitrary bureaucratic rulemaking without accountability became equivalent to the law -- and what we can do to correct this tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:46:31 PM EDT
If I were you I wouldn't patronize that gun store. If he'll tell you bullshit like that,he's either dishonest or ignorant. Either way you don't want to deal with him.
Top Top