It is only 15" long when folded.

Click here
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Price: $599.00 + Free Shipping  
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Really?  $600 for a kit to load down a Glock pistol to make it look Tacti-cool?   Well, I guess "to each his own".  Under that shell is a Glock 17 only now its big and heavy and won't fit in your holster any more. Yes, it does look bad-ass though.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really?  $600 for a kit to load down a Glock pistol to make it look Tacti-cool?   Well, I guess "to each his own".  Under that shell is a Glock 17 only now its big and heavy and won't fit in your holster any more. Yes, it does look bad-ass though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, I would like it, Think AR pistol with folding buffer tube and a SIG brace......I wouldn't put a sig brace on it, but you get the point.
Always wanted a "Glock" carbine, and we all know they will never make one. This would be the closest thing I could get to that, and as the pathfinder is designed, I wouldn't have to SBR it. I would also be able to use my AA 22 conversion kit and have a non-registered .22 cal "Glock Carbine" without a TRUE stock.

I don't like the extra crap hanging in the front, but again...closest thing I can find to having a "Glock Style sorta-Carbine"

Added: Not "Tacticool".....just more user friendly for better placed shots at longer ranges. If it didn't have the folding item at the rear, I too would find it simple a way to make a nice light compact pistol into a tacticool boat anchor.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, I get it and agree with your points. I have a little collection of 9mm carbines myself, two of which take Glock magazines but none of which are "SBR" models. Can't bring myself to pay the money for that when my CX-4 is so small and light to begin with. But you are correct, with the way the kit is made you could get more accuracy out of the pistol. My G-17 is an accurate piece and this kit would only increase that.
Thanks for posting the link, I had never seen one of these....but then there is a lot of cool stuff out there I haven't seen....that is why I read these posts!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh, I get it and agree with your points. I have a little collection of 9mm carbines myself, two of which take Glock magazines but none of which are "SBR" models. Can't bring myself to pay the money for that when my CX-4 is so small and light to begin with. But you are correct, with the way the kit is made you could get more accuracy out of the pistol. My G-17 is an accurate piece and this kit would only increase that.
Thanks for posting the link, I had never seen one of these....but then there is a lot of cool stuff out there I haven't seen....that is why I read these posts!
View Quote

..............and, there is stuff out there that i hope I don't come across, sometimes ignorance of new great items makes me less poor
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some serious concerns about that this really would be considered an SBR. It's not like the KPOS requires a buffer tube like the AR-15; this thing is only there for the express purpose of using it like a stock.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have some serious concerns about that this really would be considered an SBR. It's not like the KPOS requires a buffer tube like the AR-15; this thing is only there for the express purpose of using it like a stock.
View Quote

I understand those concerns.

There are others out there....there is the same SIG style brace for different AK style pistols, I have also seen them for the SIG dedicated .22 pistols. Neither of those have or need functioning buffer tubes.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a very similar idea (Yes, I would much rather have the SIG) I just mean adding a buffer tube to a gun that doesn't need it to function in anyway.

Click here

And here
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is a very similar idea (Yes, I would much rather have the SIG) I just mean adding a buffer tube to a gun that doesn't need it to function in anyway.

Click here

And here
View Quote

Those "buffer tubes" exist to support the Sig wrist brace.

So in effect, they are essential to the function of those guns as designed.    Both of those guns exist in rifle, and sbr form, with actual stocks that do not use a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So in effect, they are essential to the function of those guns as designed.    Both of those guns exist in rifle, and sbr form, with actual stocks that do not use a buffer tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

And here

We are on the same side here. So, do you think if you removed the SIG brace and just had the buffer tube, they would become SBRs? If they have the buffer tube or the buffer tube with the brace, isn't it basically the same idea?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I now need a glock 17 and a kpos path finder. adding it to the list of "guns"
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I now need a glock 17 and a kpos path finder. adding it to the list of "guns"
View Quote

Is your list as long as mine is..haha
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]
it might be longer i just started last year in buying guns. and have you looked in to the sig acp, hera triarii, and the roni?
the hera has the ability for a buffer tube just like the lower of an ar15 and they make it for glock, and sigs ect... and
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

And here

Yes, but the point is that they are supporting a wrist brace. There's no wrist brace on this thing. It literally serves no obvious purpose EXCEPT to function as a stock.

And FWIW, if you use those wrist braces like stocks, you've arguably created an SBR. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, but the point is that they are supporting a wrist brace. There's no wrist brace on this thing. It literally serves no obvious purpose EXCEPT to function as a stock.

And FWIW, if you use those wrist braces like stocks, you've arguably created an SBR. Just sayin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

And here

There are a number of different threads here that will explain why that is incorrect....I will leave it at that. They have approved the brace, saying that it is not a stock, and saying that the use of it does not create and SBR. And, by the way one chooses to hold a weapon does not turn something into a stock. I can hold the slide of my glock 17 against my shoulder and shoot it....it wouldn't be very fun, but it wouldn't turn the slide cover into a shoulder stock.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a lot of misunderstanding about what makes a pistol into an SBR, some of it comes from over zealous ATF agents who have tried to bust people with AR pistols if they didn't hold them in the "approved" way. The Sig wrist brace is one of those things that does fall into that maybe, could be grey area. But then, that is part of what makes it so cool...pushing the line.  I know the dealer here that got the first Sig in with the brace registered it as an SBR just to be safe.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry but just can't get excited about this one.  Have to give up too much in portability and handling just for looks.  Will stick with my G22

Doc
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm waiting for Remington, or someone else, to come out with a PCC based on the Remington 51, now R51, type action (see U.S. patents no. 1,348,733 and 1,401,552).  Having an Uzi, I'm used to a grip safety.  Although from what I've read, the trigger is not very nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#19]
competely stupid....OP if you want a glock carbine without sbr, get a mech tech..
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
competely stupid....OP if you want a glock carbine without sbr, get a mech tech..
View Quote

Too long and heavy. I have looked into them many times. Not saying there is anything wrong with them, just not what I am looking for. If the mechtech can go to under 15" long, it would appeal to me more.

For the record, I have 2 registered SBRs, I just think this seems interesting.

I have thought about SBRing one of my glocks since the regular KPOS came out. Never did.....now this one can do virtually the same thing without the year long wait, the $200 tax stamp, filing paperwork to take it out of state, etc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't know why but I want one.

Just need to see the tech branch letter OKing the use of stabilizer brace on this unit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks pretty cool. I've been tempted to do an SBR Glock 17 because I think it would be a fun gun to shoot. Plus hi-cap mags are available, semi-cheap and reliable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is the crowd that I have been looking for Finally a few that agree with me.....haha.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
with out a doubt I do. I would like to put a g21 with the kriss mags in it or a 357 sig. that would be a sweet set up with a holo sight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Is this actually available or "coming soon"/

Also - what is the "back plate replacement" required for g21? I don't see if offered for sale on their site - even though they say its available.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I was told that they are working on them and will be out "soon".

It sounds like you can use the same KPOS for large and small frame pistols by changing the back plate. I don't think they list any of those because they aren't ready yet either.

One piece of hardware for my glock 21 and my 17 would make it even better. Use the AA kit on the 17 frame and have a 25rd .22 to play with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I do want one of these...

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/kpos-pf.jpg

Click here
View Quote

is this a safe sight to buy it from?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do want one of these...

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/kpos-pf.jpg

Click here

I really don't know. I have never ordered from them before.

Please order and let us know
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#29]
It's in stock!!
I received my purchase absolutely thrilled to go to the shooting range.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's in stock!!
I received my purchase absolutely thrilled to go to the shooting range.
View Quote

Where did you order from? Link?

Did you receive it, or just order?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Ya Did you get pic please if you can.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Questions:  

Is the backplate the only difference between the g21 and g17 versions? Where do you order the backplate for the g21?

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#35]
How long did it take from order to delivery?

This does come from Isreal, correct? Any trouble with the order/delivery?

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Questions:  

View Quote

Is the backplate the only difference between the g21 and g17 versions? Where do you order the backplate for the g21?

Response I got from ZFI to the above question..

Thank you for your interest in our quality product.

Yes the back plate is the only difference.

You can order a model that we replace the back plate ourselves -

Pick model- Glock 21 & 21sf

If you need anything else don't hesitate to contact us again.

I hope you will be satisfied with our product and service.

Best Regards

Zvi

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How long did it take from order to delivery?

This does come from Isreal, correct? Any trouble with the order/delivery?

View Quote

Took 4 days after they approved shipping the item.
It was coming soon so the whole process took more time.
On packages more then 2 Kilograms they ship with EMS Express Mail Services from Israel
They guarantee 4- 7 business days on those EMS shipping.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't decide if I like this better or the HERA Triarii. The HERA is cheaper to start, but also doesn't come with any of the other parts.

I also like how the Triaii could be fitted with a folding mechanism that can fold to the left....with a pistol buffer and a SIG brace. Looks like if a person wanted to add the SIG brace to the KPOS, it may be more in the way, being on the right side.

In a perfect world, I could play with both of them in person before deciding which way to go.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Just ordered a KPOS!

Pics when it arrives. I emailed to order an extra backplate so I can use a G21 and a G17!

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#40]
So let me get this straight your pistol will still be considered a pistol with
one of these on?
How easy is it to shoot?
I wonder how heavy this thing is with the pistol.
Holy crap would this piss Malloy off!
How do I hot link this to the CT forum.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Just received the KPOS2 today!

First impression is WOW this is not a POS! - well made, locks up block 17 nice and tight, comes with sights, hand stop, WOW!

It doesn't feel to heavy - but it feels solid.

Mine came with a G21 backplate as a bonus - so with some minor adjustments, I can use it on a G21 and G17!

While looking this over I can't help but think that eventually somebody is going to get butthurt over this design. The unit did not come with a tech-branch letter. It's curious that we all have to think in this manner - yet we do!

The only issue with the unit as far as I can tell - is that it really is NOT suppressor compatible. Sure I can remove the "muzzle tube" and open up the area in front of the KPOS - BUT - the bracket that fits over the end of the Glock that enables the slide to be racked - blocks part of a standard length threaded barrel and you can't thread a suppressor all the way on!  The solution here is to order a slightly longer threaded barrel to create space to thread the suppressor on.  

The other negative was packaging... I didn't realize I'd get a cool case to go with the KPOS2 - Neat! unfortunately, air mail dropped the poorly wrapped case on a corner and busted it wide open!

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Bummer on the case

The unit looks very nice.

What is the length from the end of the stabilization tube to the trigger on the glock when in the KPOS?

What is overall length of the unit with tube folded?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Bummer on the case

The unit looks very nice.

What is the length from the end of the stabilization tube to the trigger on the glock when in the KPOS?

What is overall length of the unit with tube folded?

Thank you!
View Quote
End of tube to front of trigger = 14.25"

Folded 15.5"

Note that folding, partially blocks the ejection port - there is still room vertically, but I'd guess that you might run into some issues trying to shoot with the tube folded.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We are on the same side here. So, do you think if you removed the SIG brace and just had the buffer tube, they would become SBRs? If they have the buffer tube or the buffer tube with the brace, isn't it basically the same idea?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

And here

Yes.

On an AR15, tell me the designed/intended purpose of the buffer tube?
On an AK with an AR stock, what is the designed/intended purpose of the buffer tube?
...an AK with a SIG brace?
...OK, now how about in this Glock adapter with no stock and no brace?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]
FYI. The kpos pathfinder's tube is too small to fit a sig brace. I suppose you could wrap it with tape. But I'm not going to bother with it
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a minor point, not to troll.... But in the advertising photo the OP supplied, the tacticool shark fin foreward grip is backwards. Reminds me of the LEO pics with the backwards optics.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

And here

Barring an ATF ruling to the contrary, a buffer tube is not a stock.  No stock, no SBR.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Barring an ATF ruling to the contrary, a buffer tube is not a stock.  No stock, no SBR.
View Quote

Is there a buffer in this tube, though? (Answer: no.) This rear device has never had a wrist brace on it. It's very unclear how ZFI thinks this is the same thing as what Sig did.

This whole thing makes me very nervous. Do they have a BATFE letter specifying that their particular setup is OK?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#49]
sig brace doesn't work on the KPOS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is there a buffer in this tube, though? (Answer: no.) This rear device has never had a wrist brace on it. It's very unclear how ZFI thinks this is the same thing as what Sig did.

This whole thing makes me very nervous. Do they have a BATFE letter specifying that their particular setup is OK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. It has a use on an AR. It does not have a use on this.

By this same logic, it would be legal to saw off the magwell of a pps-43 pistol, and bolt it to a pistol to use as a vertical fore-grip- since it's actually a magwell, not a vertical foregrip.

But the ATF has no logic. Our only hope is they eventually realize how stupid they are, and get rid of the whole registered SBR crap.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top