Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 7:29:45 AM EDT
I just saw these on Nosler's website. How long have they been out? It's been a couple of months since I last researched 300bo bullets, but I don't remember these.

I'd love to hear range reports from those of you who have loaded them.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw that they were introduced at the 2017 Shot Show. Ordered some from Shooters Pro Shop Blems to test. Supposed to be a good subsonic hunting bullet? Search their site for 220 gr. bullet blems. Seems to be unobtainable and out of stock everywhere else. Haven't found by searching any reloading data for that particular bullet yet
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered 200. We'll see how they do in my Rem SPS with Sandman-S
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
 Thread interest me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I just realized these bullets are discussed on pg.55 of the 300blk master thread.

Dryflash, delete thread if necessary
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone actually shoot a game animal with these yet?

I am all for and economical alternative to the Lehigh offerings...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone actually shoot a game animal with these yet?

I am all for and economical alternative to the Lehigh offerings...
View Quote
Ive seen some gel testing on them and they looked OK.  Cant remember where it was.  But either way, gotta be better than shooting at game with just about anything else at that price point.  I need to get a box and just test them for accuracy, and maybe give them a milk jug test.  Not super scientific, but it interests me.  Too bad it pretty far down the list of stuff I want to do as far as reloading and development
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just loaded up my first round with them and test a test fire in my berm. Shot into a towel wrapped milk jug with 1 big phone book and one thin one. All i had unfortunately. Milk jug is demolished and the bullet exited both books leaving a nice exit hole. Could only find the green tip and a piece of jacket. I'll try to load up some pics on here. I plan on makinf a gellaton mold next time or finding more phone books to catch the bullet

Load data

8.1g lil gun
Cci400
2.15col
Nos 220 BT

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
How do they feed in an AR?  I tried loading some hornady RN's about a year ago and had issues with them feeding.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm assuming it is like their Noveske offering, just not as flashy of a color?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How do they feed in an AR?  I tried loading some hornady RN's about a year ago and had issues with them feeding.
View Quote
300BO Master Thread Has What You Seek

Read through here. Seating depth is kinda bullet specific.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried mine for the first time yesterday in my 9" factory AAC upper with lil gun and CFE BLK.  They were flying sideways.  I'm not optimistic at this point.  The rounds that flew the best didn't lock my bolt back at about 950fps.  I was hoping to push these at least 1050.

I had one feed where the bullet was stuck in the rifling and was difficult to extract.  My coal was 2.100.

I did manage a 1.2" 3-shot group with an unstable bullet which was impressive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I tried mine for the first time yesterday in my 9" factory AAC upper with lil gun and CFE BLK.  They were flying sideways.  I'm not optimistic at this point.  The rounds that flew the best didn't lock my bolt back at about 950fps.  I was hoping to push these at least 1050.

I had one feed where the bullet was stuck in the rifling and was difficult to extract.  My coal was 2.100.

View Quote
Well, that's not encouraging. Maybe mine will be here in time for me to test some this weekend
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
My AAC upper didn't like Lil' Gun at all during dev. A1680 runs like a dream, but LG had to be pushed supersonic before the velocities started to settle down into double digit ES and I was still having LRBHO issues.

Not sure why some can get away with LG while our AAC barrels can't, but give them another go with A1680 if you have it on hand.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad someone posted a thread. I've just initially tested mine as well but will update with more results as I have them. I just basically did function tests, havent done anything for accuracy or terminal testing yet. I took the suggested load off of Hodgdon for W296, 9.2 gr was 1044fps out of my 10.3" barrel. I tried 3 rds at that charge to chrono them to see where I was speed wise, now that I know speed is good I'll load some more to test accuracy and will try to do some expansion testing if I can.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm glad someone posted a thread. I've just initially tested mine as well but will update with more results as I have them. I just basically did function tests, havent done anything for accuracy or terminal testing yet. I took the suggested load off of Hodgdon for W296, 9.2 gr was 1044fps out of my 10.3" barrel. I tried 3 rds at that charge to chrono them to see where I was speed wise, now that I know speed is good I'll load some more to test accuracy and will try to do some expansion testing if I can.
View Quote
I'm assuming the bullets stabilized
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that the 1x8 barrel?
I read someware that "they wished" they "submitted it" with a 1x7.

I'm guessing at sub speeds, the 1x8 isn't cutting it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm assuming the bullets stabilized
View Quote
Yep, stabilized just fine. I meant to put that in my post but I forgot. I made very sure before I put the can on. Barrel is a BA Premium 10.3" Hanson SS 1:7. Hopefully will get to do some more testing today.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]
So did some more testing today, loaded some more up at 9.2gr of 296. Speed and cycling work great. They sound pretty good. Groups aren't so good initially. About 1"-1.25" at 50yds. This is my first foray into doing accuracy development with subs. Guys that have done this before, can you play with seating depth to see if group size will tighten up?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
How well will a round nose bullet transition through the trans sonic? For a hunting hogs, with my 16" barrel, staying sub sonic is not a real concern for me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How well will a round nose bullet transition through the trans sonic? For a hunting hogs, with my 16" barrel, staying sub sonic is not a real concern for me.
View Quote
I never loaded these, but being they are made for subs.....I wouldnt push them to fast. They may just blow apart and not  penetrate.

If you want supers, load supers. The Barnes 110gr is made for 300blk and hogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top