Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:02:23 AM EDT
I have a few questions of Class III.  

As far as I know silencers are civilian legal in Ohio.  I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with purchasing them in Northeast Ohio (Trumbull County)?  Can anyone recommend a good ClassIII dealer in Northeast Ohio to walk a first timer through the process?

Also I am looking to do a suppressed 9mm for less than $900.  I have a G19 I could use as a host or is there another, better host weapon I could use without totally blowing my budget?  I have looked through previous threads and still wonder what is a good, quiet, reasonably priced can.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Silencers are legal in Ohio, as are all NFA items.

You might try Neal Smith, in Mentor.

Neal E. Smith Jr.
Specialties: Class 2 and Type 10
8205 Lakeshore Blvd.
Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: (440) 257-4872
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of Neal  Smith for  9mm.  It has been year sence I bought it.  But $900.00 seems a little high..... Neal  Smith would be a good start. henBut it work real good for what I use it for,with 147gr 9mm no soundhug.gif  124 gr real quitehow

PITA45

WHY WALTZ WHEN YOU CAN ROCK & ROLL  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Dave,

In my experiences I've found that the best way to buy a suppressor is one that is used and in Ohio.  Typically, the used suppressors don't have that many rounds through the can and are priced well below the dealer cost.  Add in the cost of the $200 stamp and you have yourself the cost of a suppressor at or below the coast if you went through a dealer.  Case in point, I bought a NEXUS AWC can for my MK 23 for only $400.  Once you add in the cost of the $200 stamp, the total cost was below what I could have bought the suppressor for from a dealer.   If you search through the boards enough, you'll find what you want and at a better price.  Let me know if you'd like more information on completing the form 4, civilian to civilian transfer.  Good luck.

CO out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#4]
dtl, you might want to poke around on your choice of gun for the suppressor.  Glocks can be suppressed but in general there are better choices out there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top