Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/14/2009 4:17:49 PM EST
I have been reading all i can on the M14 clones. Mostly here and The Firing line.
I read somewhere, cant remember where, about a place that had Norinco bolts for sale.
I believe it was in these 99 pages of M1 & M1A topics, and was not that long ago.
The link showed bolts for sale last week. I thought I bookmarked it.
Anyone know where that might be ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:07:10 PM EST
Sarco Inc
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:46:31 AM EST
It was not Sarco.
Anyone else know ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:33:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By 4803PHASE:
It was not Sarco.
Anyone else know ?

APEX
Chinese M14 Bolts
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:03:43 AM EST
Are you sure that you want a Chinese bolt?

I ask that question based on this...............

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=283219

Should I really "trust" anything made in China (placed that close to my face)?

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:25:48 AM EST
I recently asked Different about ChiCom small bolt parts...

"The firing pins and extractors are fine as far as I know.
I would check the fitment of those parts as I would any other M14 part when installed."
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:02:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2009 12:08:07 PM EST by kala_azar]
I've been thinking about these as well recently- couldn't one be heat-treated, a la SEI or the like, and do duty as a replacement bolt someday in the future when the GI parts have dried up? They are pretty cheap as is- what does a heat-treat cost?

***ETA*** - I saw the post in the other thread re: tests of chinese barrels and bolts, which kind of answered my question I guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:01:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By kala_azar:
I've been thinking about these as well recently- couldn't one be heat-treated, a la SEI or the like, and do duty as a replacement bolt someday in the future when the GI parts have dried up? They are pretty cheap as is- what does a heat-treat cost?

***ETA*** - I saw the post in the other thread re: tests of chinese barrels and bolts, which kind of answered my question I guess.

Lug size is differant. My USGI bolt will not drop into my reciever without fitting. Once I have it fit no going back. Hopefully Smith or someone will in the future make more replacment part's
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:39:00 PM EST
Thanks for the link kala_azar.

As to why I would want one––-the possibility of better headspace in a stock Norinco.

I would like to hear from anyone who has tried more than
one bolt in a Norinco or Polytech, and the difference in headspace due to the different bolts..
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:30:18 PM EST
I have a Norinco with over two cases of ammo through it with no loss of headspace. I bought an extra bolt years ago because of the talk about losing headspace. I bought the gauges and checked after firing every one hundred rounds. I quit checking after I opened the third case.
Top Top