Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 5:17:49 PM EDT
I have been reading all i can on the M14 clones. Mostly here and The Firing line.
I read somewhere, cant remember where, about a place that had Norinco bolts for sale.
I believe it was in these 99 pages of M1 & M1A topics, and was not that long ago.
The link showed bolts for sale last week. I thought I bookmarked it.
Anyone know where that might be ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sarco Inc
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It was not Sarco.
Anyone else know ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was not Sarco.
Anyone else know ?

APEX
Chinese M14 Bolts
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure that you want a Chinese bolt?

I ask that question based on this...............

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=283219

Should I really "trust" anything made in China (placed that close to my face)?

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently asked Different about ChiCom small bolt parts...

"The firing pins and extractors are fine as far as I know.
I would check the fitment of those parts as I would any other M14 part when installed."
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been thinking about these as well recently-  couldn't one be heat-treated, a la SEI or the like, and do duty as a replacement bolt someday in the future when the GI parts have dried up?  They are pretty cheap as is- what does a heat-treat cost?

***ETA*** - I saw the post in the other thread re: tests of chinese barrels and bolts, which kind of answered my question I guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about these as well recently-  couldn't one be heat-treated, a la SEI or the like, and do duty as a replacement bolt someday in the future when the GI parts have dried up?  They are pretty cheap as is- what does a heat-treat cost?

***ETA*** - I saw the post in the other thread re: tests of chinese barrels and bolts, which kind of answered my question I guess.

Lug size is differant. My USGI bolt will not drop into my reciever without fitting. Once I have it fit no going back. Hopefully Smith or someone will in the future make more replacment part's
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the link kala_azar.

As to why I would want one––-the possibility of better headspace in a stock Norinco.

I would like to hear from anyone who has tried more than
one bolt in a Norinco or Polytech, and the difference in headspace due to the different bolts..
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Norinco with over two cases of ammo through it with no loss of headspace. I bought an extra bolt years ago because of the talk about losing headspace. I bought the gauges and checked after firing every one hundred rounds. I quit checking after I opened the third case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top