Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 6:18:31 PM EDT
Bought a BWK-92 Sporter imported by KSI in Pamona, CA today at the Des Moines gun show. It came with a scope, B-Square mount (I believe), 6 30 round mags and 5 20 round mags for $650. I've got a SAR-3 but have always heard these Norinco .223 AK's were better but the hard part was finding the mags. The dealer also had a NIB Gordon Technologies SR100H (I believe) Bulgarian milled receiver AK with a 5, 30 and 75 round drum for $650 as well but it sold fairly quickly. He also has a thumb-hole stocked SLR-95 AK with a 5, 30 and 75 round drum for $650 still. Thanks for any input on my rifle and if I got a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i would of sold you mine for $500  with a kvar us stock get up and 15 waffle mags
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply 7point62 as your rifle sounds like a great deal that someone would love to have...I know I would've! I've got 13 of the waffle mags for my SAR-3 and didn't realize until today that they will work in the .23 Norinco. How do you like your rifle and did you ever have any problems with it? Good luck on selling the rifle & mags.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
it's a good shooter! very light!  I changed the radius at the rear of the mag well because it is very hard to put a square peg in a round hole. now it take all 223ak mags, except the polytech/galil/valmet style.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure the waffle mags will work in the norinco ak 223 I could sure use some, what type waffle mags are they?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
the rear of the mag well radius may need to changed but they work awesome.  the waffles have more of square shape than the norinco's so it's like putting a square peg in a round hole. change the radius and you'll be good to go!  

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
By changing the radius of the mag well rear does it make the factory Norinco .223 mags fit sloppy or loose? I don't have any of the Wieger mags yet but they should work with this set up as well right? Very good info 7point62...thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
no slop at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top