Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/12/2003 8:27:10 AM EST
My friend has a Norinco SKS, Type 56 I believe, it has the ten shot integral mag.

His dad bought it around 1994, it had a 1201x serial number and he's wondering if he can legally convert it to accept normal capacity AK mags (30 rounders). Then if he gets this conversion can he also get a bayonet for it?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:31:24 AM EST
I'm not sure about the mag conversion, but it can't have a bayonet.

Check out this great site for all the info you ever wanted to know about the SKS.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:39:42 AM EST
After looking at that site, it says you CAN replace the fixed magazine with a detachable one provided there is no bayo lug and the stock is still without a pistol grip/folding stock. This actually makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:39:13 PM EST
Top Top