Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 8:56:49 AM EDT
Hey everyone I found a Pre-Ban Norinco M1A for sale that is in great condition except for the stock for $800 dollars it has 3 20 round mags and I hope I can talk the guy down a little bit. I was just wondering if there was somewhere I could go to check the serial number against known batches of not-so-goods and if that was a reasonable price or not (gun LOOKS to be all military parts with the exception of the receiver)  I'd really appreciate any replys!!! thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask the guy if parts have been replaced. If it's still all Norinco the price is high, $700 would be an good price. AFAIK there isn't any place to check serial #s.

Go on over to battlerifles.com and read up on Chicom M14s for more info.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]
so if it was all Norinco parts then that would make it more desirable or less?  I am assuming that if it was a Norinco receiver only, with G.I. spec parts then that would be a good thing right?  I know that it has a chrome lined barrel, but I didn't get the chance to take the dust cover off and look to see if there were any arsenal marks on the barrel or anything... I'll probably check later today.  Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
1. Less

2. Yes
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen the receivers alone sell for $700.  Ask around, the Norinco and Polytech M14 receivers are the preferred receivers to use in building a competition gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top