Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 3:17:24 AM EST
I got a real woodie when I saw these advertised in Shotgun News. Has anybody heard and positive or negative feedback about these yet or has anyone purchased one that would care to share their opinions about quality, etc. TIA
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:32:23 AM EST
I just saw this shotgun listed in The American Rifleman. I hope to see one this weekend at the gun/fun show in Orlando, FL. I will report if I see one. If it the usual Norinco style stuff, it will be tough, rough, and thoroughly inelegant, but it will bloody work!

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:25:31 AM EST
Don't know for sure, but a friend has one he really likes to use for cowboy games. He says they sell two "grades" of these guns, and that the better one has the genuine walnut stock and forend. Saw one of each at the last show and, sure enough, the walnut gun had noticably better fit and finish...also cost around $100 more. The 870 is, hands down, a much better gun for serious use.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:23:08 PM EST
I saw one when they came out a couple of years ago. It looked very nice. Better than I thought they would be.

Now that they have the trench gun version, oh baby!! That's my next gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:35:37 PM EST
I saw one at the Brich Run Show a few weeks ago. It had the walnut stocks, great fit/finish
(surprisingly un-Norinco)
along with the heatshield/bayonet lug.
I was almost fooled into thinking it was a pristine
original when I saw the U.S./ordance bomb/date
stamped into the side of the receiver.

They wanted $780 for it. I would have scooped
it up if I had the funds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:38:22 PM EST
My father owned an original Winchester 97.

Damn nice shotgun. Only donwside, was that it tended to jam when you used high brass shells.

IF Norinco corrected this dilemma, this could turn out to be a rather sweet scattergun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:16:11 PM EST
I used to have a Winchester 1897. It was a great duck and goose gun. The only firearm I have ever dis-assembled, and couldn't get reassembled. Had to take it to a gunsmith to get it back together. On the side of the reciever is a button that allows you to eject the loaded shells from the cylinder and magazine. One day after finishing up duck hunting me and my buddies were unloading. I had it pointed straight up and was racking the shells out and onto the ground. All of a sudden..BOOOM!!!! I guess the trigger and sear slipped... That was quite a suprise...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:39:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By andrew:
One day after finishing up duck hunting me and my buddies were unloading. I had it pointed straight up and was racking the shells out and onto the ground. All of a sudden..BOOOM!!!! I guess the trigger and sear slipped... That was quite a suprise...

One other nice feature....there is no disconnector. IF you slam the action shut, with your trigger on the finger, it WILL fire. Pretty fun to fire as fast as you can pump away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:12:41 PM EST
It was the trench gun version that I was interested in. Can't beleive they want upwards of $700 for it though.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:30:30 PM EST
I see orig. Winchester M1897's in my area price in the $250-400 range.

OSA
Top Top