Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:48 PM EDT
anyone have any first hand experiance with this gun? im thinking on ordering one...but never seen one first hand.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
If you are thinking about one you might ought to go ahead and snatch one up. I heard awhile back that they weren't being imported anymore. Don't know if that has changed or not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:54:49 PM EDT
.....nice.

To top it off, if you get an original bayonet from Sarco, it'll fit.

Nice collectors pic....despite its Chinese origin, but what the hell!

I don't think I can afford an original...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:45 PM EDT
I got one and I love it.

I got mine for $250 out the door and I had a replica M1917 bayonet that fit on the lug nicely!

Despite it is chinese, I couldn't afford the real deal, Winchester M1897, so I snatched on up and I am very happy. Parts might not be intertchangable, but they are built like tank, and ar all steel.

That is my Norinco with a complete restock and reblue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:13:42 PM EDT
wow nice gun there Phil!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:28:56 PM EDT
yeah it did come out nice. It blued very well, I really didnt think the chinses would use good quality steel, but i was porven wrong, only the slide release button turned purple on me. and it came with a junk bamboo stock, so I sucked up a few bucks anf got a peice of wood f0r the stock and forend and baynet grips and carved it out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:08:38 PM EDT
These are still being imported by Interstate Arms and TTN. The wood is supposedly Walnut nowadays but I haven't examined any of these up close in a while. One is on my "to get" list, however.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:49:25 PM EDT
meh, the chinese stocks are junk, if you look at it in teh light you can see every flat spot so if you can find, or make a replacement stock, then do it, becuase it was the only part i didnt like about the '97.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:57:09 PM EDT
Shot them, wood sucks, and I won't buy one, I don't buy chinese crap, ever if at all possible
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 3:35:43 PM EDT by mobius]
I bought one........it is very nice, the action is a bit stiff, but after a few hundred rounds it loosen up where it's much smoother. wood on mine is a nice walnut, I have no complaints about it. and just like the original it has no disconector, you can hold back the trigger work the pump and it will shoot out a entire mag in a few seconds.

having never fired a 97, I will tell you this, keep your firing hand low on the neck of the stock, that bolt has some sharp edges on it when it comes back, that will put a nice slice on top of your thumb......I gurantee you will only do it once, and not repeat it. sort of like getting your first "M1 thumb"
it does have a fake ordnance bomb and US stamped on the receiver......it's a very made shotgun, I have no complaints about it.

Top Top