Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2007 6:46:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Kyle's mom on south park:WHA WHA WHAT!

I am equal parts excited and disapointed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The TRU SPEC stuff is made form actual Crye multicam fabiric- got one of their boonies ina gorup buy and it has the Crye tag right on it.

Good, maybe Multicam will come down to a only slightly insane price, because no BDU shirt and pant combo should run you $200.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<snip> because no BDU shirt and pant combo should run you $200.

Why's that?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why's that?

because thats a butt rape for that price
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tru Spec MC in ACU cut, it's pretty well made, and does carry the Multicam tag as mentioned previously.  They shipped the name, branch and rank velcro strips separately, they should have just put them on the shirt  Otherwise I'm happy with the shirt, I didn't get it from Sportsmansguide.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
ahh  supply/demand and camo economics got ya by the tongue?

Folks need to be more apt in describing *what* exactly is on sale

Multicam is a pattern, nothing else... Had you said TRU's then I would have said, whoopity doo!  Everyone seems to have a dig on those... SG is no surprise there.

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

But if the price comes down to affordable, then the gearqueers won't want it.
It won't be as fashionably expensive.

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
What's with the 1 inch belt loops though, all my bdu pants fit the 1.5 and 1 3/4 better bdu belts

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ZING! I wouldn't want any multicam if everyone else had it. I already had to ditch my woodland gear a few years back to step up to coyote, and now multicam is the big thing. I wonder what will be in next season?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ZING! I wouldn't want any multicam if everyone else had it. I already had to ditch my woodland gear a few years back to step up to coyote, and now multicam is the big thing. I wonder what will be in next season?

I predict Ranger Green.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
got the new catalog today, and it's on page 3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Once Propper comes out with their ACU cut multicam for under $45.00 a piece it is going to be a more popular camo pattern.

The TRUs are great for warm weather. In my opinion the 50/50 nyco is great for hot weather vs. the poly/cotton blend.  

If sportsmansguide or cheaperthan dirt wants to carry the...great.  More competition is great...I love a free market.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Once Propper comes out with their ACU cut multicam for under $45.00 a piece it is going to be a more popular camo pattern.

The TRUs are great for warm weather. In my opinion the 50/50 nyco is great for hot weather vs. the poly/cotton blend.  

If sportsmansguide or cheaperthan dirt wants to carry the...great.  More competition is great...I love a free market.

I agree. I don't know why anyone cares if SG is carrying this now, unless you care about being "exclusive".....
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem is that MultiCam is the most deadly cammo pattern ever invented by Man.

And, as you well know, Sportsman's Guide will ship nothing deadly to California
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#15]
How is that the problem of any of us living in free states?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How is that the problem of any of us living in free states?

you know he is just being sarcastic
I take it you never ordered from Sportsman Guide?
they have the most ridiculous list of items that they will not send to what states.
California is one of the worse.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The problem is that MultiCam is the most deadly cammo pattern ever invented by Man.

And, as you well know, Sportsman's Guide will ship nothing deadly to California

Poor AyeGuy.....reminds of that part in Red Dawn with the old rancher:

"hell, you boys is behind enemy lines..." or the "the chair is against the wall..."

For all of you AR15.com members behind the lines this is your song...

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Ayeguy, yall (you in particular) quit being such weirdos over there and maybe they will ship you the cool shit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Propper is coming out with similar products this fall. "Uniformguy" is a propper rep.

Yeah, much lower prices too than the TRU stuff.

He has even claimed that they are going to come out with ECWS type gear in multicam.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Propper is coming out with similar products this fall. "Uniformguy" is a propper rep.

He has even claimed that they are going to come out with ECWS type gear in multicam.

"Claimed"? How rude! he
The Adventure Tech series does not have a milspec ECWCS (or GenII as it's commercially called). It is a 7-layer APCU system that will have a Multicam softshell top and bottom (Level 5) and an Ultralight Gore-Tex Multicam jacket and pants (Level 6). Both are due in this fall. The entire Adventure Tech series is Made in the USA. I don't have MSRPs yet.

FYI, Levels 1 and 2 are lightweight and midweight baselayers that are due to arrive within a few weeks. They have carbon and silver X-Static fibers weaved in to pull moisture away from the body for quick evaporation. The baselayers are anti-odor, anti-microbial and have a UPF rating of up to 50+.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"Claimed"? How rude!

Multicam BDUs are due into the warehouse late next week.

The Adventure Tech series does not have a milspec ECWCS (or GenII as it's commercially called). It is a 7-layer APCU system that will have a Multicam softshell top and bottom (Level 5) and an Ultralight Gore-Tex Multicam jacket and pants (Level 6). Both are due in this fall. The entire Adventure Tech series is Made in the USA. I don't have MSRPs yet.

FYI, Levels 1 and 2 are lightweight and midweight baselayers that are due to arrive within a few weeks. They have carbon and silver X-Static fibers weaved in to pull moisture away from the body for quick evaporation. The baselayers are anti-odor, anti-microbial and have a UPF rating of up to 50+.

MUST... HAVE... PICS...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Claimed"? How rude!

Multicam BDUs are due into the warehouse late next week.

Haha..sorry uniform guy didn't mean to be rude.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
MUST... HAVE... PICS...

*crowd* PICS! ... PICS! ... PICS!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I want some multicams just for shit and giggles.

The velcro bullshit is the worst idea in uniforms yet, I wish Propper or one of the other companies would go back to buttons.

At $75-$85 a piece, I will stick to my free BDUs and ACUs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The velcro bullshit is the worst idea in uniforms yet, I wish Propper or one of the other companies would go back to buttons.

Well you can always sew on the bottons yourself.

The propper multicam is going to be more like $40-45 a piece depending on who is selling it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:

The MultiCam BDUs are buttons only. No zipper. No Velcro.

The ACUs will have Velcro pockets and on the upper sleeve. There's a zipper for the coat and buttons for the trousers.

So basically, we have two versions. You can choose the one you want.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought a brand new pair of the Tru-Spec Multicam for $49.95

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

For both the blouse and trousers together?  Wow, where did you get that deal? Ebay?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For both the blouse and trousers together?  Wow, where did you get that deal? Ebay?

LOL...I wish...it was just for the pants...

These are not the tactical response pants that are $70.00, the one below are 49.99

MultiCam™ BDU Pants by TRU-SPEC

# The MultiCam BDU pant is sewn to Military Specification MIL-T-44047E. Six pockets, four with button flaps
# Fused pocket flaps
# Four-button fly
# Adjustable waist tabs with 4 bar tacks
# Drain holes in bellows pockets
# Nylon drawstring leg closures, fused, knotted, and tacked

MultiCam™ TRU TACTICAL RESPONSE PANTS by TRU-SPEC

These are the specs for the $65.00 pants

# 50% Nylon / 50% Cotton, MultiCam
# 2 front slash pockets
# 2 rear inset pockets with button down flaps
# 2 forward-tilted cargo pockets for easy access and incorporated elastic drawstring for positive closure during movement
# 2 calf storage pockets with Velcro closures
# Knee pouch with Velcro closure for internal kneepad inserts
# Button fly with drawstring waist for a more comfortable fit
# Bellowed-calf storage pocket with Velcro closure on the right and left leg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top