Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2001 8:34:20 PM EDT
I got a no-name heavy barrel the other day and am trying to identify it.  I already went to www.biggerhammer.net to see what I could find, but nada.

Does anyone know which manufacturers made/make heavy barrels with no markings whatsoever?

I will say this, comparing the front sight of this new barrel with that of my Colt and Bushmaster rifles, the new barrel's front sight seems to have very sharply machined edges, as opposed to the rounded edges of the Colt or BM.  
Maybe a clue, maybe not.

Thanks for all your help,
GS
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to guess, without seeing it, that it's a Wilson barrel with a cast, not forged, front sight tower.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 3:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I can unequivocally state that, that is not my barrel...!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Any other opinions?

If you own a "no-name" barrel and are sure of its origin, let me know.

Thanks punkatomic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a non-marked A2 profile pre-ban barrel.  The front sight post looks cast (grind marks where the parting line is)??  The sight/gas-block is also pinned on with spring pins and not the standard tapper pins.  The bore is not chrome lined.  I harvested this barrel off of a "home built" A1 upper that I bought at a gun show.  The PO told me that it was Olympic, but who really knows.......  Does Olympic mark their barrels??  

I used the upper receiver for the M4 barreled carbine that I built a few months back.  

OSA
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Recently, I had what was sworn to be a pre-ban Eagle upper with a heavy barrel with no markings.

Take that with the "many grains" of salt offered.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
www.olyarms.com/ has info on how to identify their barrels.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
My Eagle Arms barrel has no Markings.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top