Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2002 7:31:08 AM EDT
I'm trying to get my 6 year old into shooting and i'm looking for a place to punish cans  or candy wafers with a 22 or similar unstructured shooting.  I'd cleanup and be safe but i'm looking for someplace close (no more than a hour) to the springfield VA area where we can be by ourselves.  Any suggestions?
thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Curt,

I wish. If you find one, please let us know.

For "structured" shooting, Shooter's Paradise has a reasonable indoor range that is close by. Gilbert's does too. The NRA range in Fair Oaks is the cleanest, most up to date range I've ever seen.

I guess if someone has some land that is legal to hunt on, than it would be legal to plink on too. (?) THough I'm not familiar with the ins/outs of shooting in the area.

Plus, I just made the 3 hour trip Saturday out to the Hite Hollow range as it is nice and "unstructured" yet has nice facilities and a spiffy new outhouse!
(no crescent moon on the door though. )

--LS
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
longshot,thanks for the info.  I normally shoot at Gilberts, the NRA range and Quantico.  What i'm trying to find is more like just a place in the woods where we can shoot at the odd bit of trash laying around that sort of thing.  Don't need benches, if its one of them illegal dumping areas where s*&%birds dump their stuff that would provide a great target rich environment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Again, let us know if ya find such a place!

I've got some SA .223 I's like to burn up.

--LS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top