Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 7:02:54 PM EDT
I'm set on buying a Nikon Monarch scope for a new bolt gun and see they offer a couple of different reticles. I prefer a target dot but Nikon does not seem to offer this. I see they offer two Nikoplex reticles, regular and varmint, but have never seen either recticle and can't seem to come across an illustration anywhere.

Can anyone provide a link or some help here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
www.nikonusa.com/usa_home/home.jsp

The NIKON site is a good one. Look around.
Check out the interactive camera section.

All of your answers should be in here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the Nikoplex reticle is just a regular duplex reticle with four heavy (not too heavy though}
posts coming to a point and then a thin crosshair. The varmint is just a thin crosshair.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Here I made a side by side from images on the Leupold site.
www.leupold.com/tiret.html#styles

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
GardenWeasel, looks good to me. I have Nikon scopes with both reticle types, and that is what they look like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top