Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 8:59:37 PM EDT
I've heard lots about the Nightforce scopes so when I was at the fun store the other day I checked one out.  The optics seemed to be really clear and the lit reticle was cool.  I did notice that they are built in Japan, marked right on the side.  I also know that Springfields scopes are made by a company in Japan.  Are these scopes made by the same people?  If the Nightforce's reticle was lit green I be really suspicious.  Anyone know for sure?

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I donn't know who makes Springfield's scopes, but the Nightforce scopes that I have used were lit red.  I doubt if that means anything.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield scopes are supposedly made bt Hakko of Japan.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Springfield scopes are supposedly made bt Hakko of Japan.

I've heard the same.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I had it explained to me this way on www.snipercountry.com

On Springfield versus Nightforce scopes being made in the same country.  Well lets say yes and compare the Ford Pinto (Springfield) to the Suburban (NXS).  Do I need to say more? LOL  NXS is a very good scope.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had it explained to me this way on www.snipercountry.com

On Springfield versus Nightforce scopes being made in the same country.  Well lets say yes and compare the Ford Pinto (Springfield) to the Suburban (NXS).  Do I need to say more? LOL  NXS is a very good scope.

I would take the Pinto.  Although it's bad, it better than a GM (Guaranteed Malfunction) Suburban.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a "Pinto", and it hasn't burst into flames on me yet.  In fact, I love the thing!  I like it so much, I'm planning on buying another in the coming months.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]
schapman43,
If you're trying to find out if the Nightforce is a good scope and worthy of your consideration I offer the following.

Most of us are aware that certain of our 'real' operators (military & civilian) have used the SR-25.  That rifle comes from Knights with a Leupold scope.  Last year I sold my two SR-25's directly to operators and facilitated their purchase of the Nightforce scopes to go on these weapons.  Interestingly the gov was to reimburse these guys for the SR-25 costs but 'NOT' the cost of the NSX scopes.  Both guys bought the scopes out of their own pockets.
(This was two different and unrelated deals - neither buyer knew the other yet both made the same scope decision.)

Seems that when you start jumping out of airplanes, falling down mountain sides or leaping over short buildings the Leupolds just didn't hold up.  Guess that when all that matters is everything a few more dollars becomes irrelevant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top