Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2013 5:51:28 AM EDT
My newest C&R arrived yesterday. I love getting a machine gun delivered to my house. I purchased it last Nov and it was early Jan before I sent out all the paperwork to ATF.

It's an early Guidelamp M3 Grease Gun. They started production in May of 43. With 85,130 weapons made in 43, that would average almost 11,000 a month. I'm sure production started slow and ramped up, but the serial number is less than 6000, so I think it could have been produced  in the first month or early in the second. The rear sight is the early model.

I purchased it from a movie rental company. The M3A1 barrel that's on it is threaded internally for a blank firing adapter. The company could not tell me what movies it was used in. I've started a FOIA search to see if I can get any other info.

Being that it's mostly stamp steel, it's heavier than I thought it would be. I'm going to field strip it today and make sure everything looks good. I hope to take it out next week to shoot it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh Yeah Looking good
I love the 45 autos and have had trigger time on your model  . Good fun for close up stuff .
I hope you are a reloader or else you will go broke
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Very cool!

Tag for more pics and range report!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Get some short video too!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]
damn op that actually gets me excited to look at
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
damn op that actually gets me excited to look at
View Quote

me too!

Just curious what does a Greasegun run for these days, I'm guessing around $10K??

Like stated above, i hope you reload, as your going to need alot to feed it
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
One of these days I will own the real thing or make one from scratch in semi auto
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I do reload, mostly 9mm. I have an MP5, MP40, STEn, and Uzi in 9mm. I also have a Thompson in .45. I paid 12K for this one. I was thinking of getting one in 2005 and they were north of 20K then. These are one of the one's that came down in price after 2008. They have been going up again starting last fall/ winter. It also seems you don't see them for sale very often. I watched for a while and then there were 3 or 4 for sale at once. Most people wanted 15K or more.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, getting an SMG delivered to your house must be real nice!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do reload, mostly 9mm. I have an MP5, MP40, STEn, and Uzi in 9mm. I also have a Thompson in .45. I paid 12K for this one. I was thinking of getting one in 2005 and they were north of 20K then. These are one of the one's that came down in price after 2008. They have been going up again starting last fall/ winter. It also seems you don't see them for sale very often. I watched for a while and then there were 3 or 4 for sale at once. Most people wanted 15K or more.
View Quote

you have a heck of a collection and a wallet
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Very Nice ! Congrats !
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a very understanding wife. I like to shoot them and they are part of my retirement plan. I think this one will be my last unless I find a nice ppsh41.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice . I have a friend with one .is is surprisingly accurate and you can easily shot singles due to the slow rate of fire .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!

I had a chance to fondle.. erm handle one several years ago and I was shocked at how heavy it was. Very cool piece of history right there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Have had several GL guns and they are IMHO, one of the funnest guns to shoot. Stand with your back to the sun and watch for the back end of the projectiles as they head down range. They look like little black bees buzzing.

Get an old Mac two stage can and take that internally threaded blank barrel have a local C2 build the barrel into an "adapter" which you can thread onto the Mac can and it'll look like one of the old OSS Grease Guns.

Really cool old school stuff there, especially because it was made in the same factory as GM headlamp shells and the Liberator pistols.

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The company could not tell me what movies it was used in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice , very cool
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#18]
We had those in my Cav unit when I first enlisted.

No they weren't issued to the Tankers, but relics from older days. Never got to shoot one

Awesome buy OP.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Me likey.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Am I correct in assuming you're a class III dealer in addition to C&R? (Just curious what you had to go through to own that beauty!)  

Regardless, that is indeed one fantastic piece of American history you've got there! Good for you!

Are mags hard to get - or, can they be easily fabricated? I'd bet that'd be neigh onto impossible, but WTF do I know? Are they like a "long" 1911 mag?

*By the way, I nosed around the C&R threads, but didn't really see any thread titles about "why you should have a C&R" or similar. Would one of you guys mind helping me out - give me a place to start learning about 'em? Gosh, for what . . . $10/yr(?), sounds like they'd pay for themselves again and again, even w/o buying/selling much (if anything)! Just the discounts for ammo and parts would be worth it . . .

Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Am I correct in assuming you're a class III dealer in addition to C&R? (Just curious what you had to go through to own that beauty!)  

Regardless, that is indeed one fantastic piece of American history you've got there! Good for you!

Are mags hard to get - or, can they be easily fabricated? I'd bet that'd be neigh onto impossible, but WTF do I know? Are they like a "long" 1911 mag?

*By the way, I nosed around the C&R threads, but didn't really see any thread titles about "why you should have a C&R" or similar. Would one of you guys mind helping me out - give me a place to start learning about 'em? Gosh, for what . . . $10/yr(?), sounds like they'd pay for themselves again and again, even w/o buying/selling much (if anything)! Just the discounts for ammo and parts would be worth it . . .

Thanks a lot!
View Quote

You don't have to be a Class III dealer, nor deal with a Class III dealer, if you have a C&R, and the MG you want is a C&R, you fill out the forms, send them in, when it comes back, said MG is shipped to you, and it's logged into your book like everything else.  All NFA fees and paperwork still apply you just don't need a Class III dealer to play middle man.

I have no Class III weapons, but this is how I understand it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not a dealer. Actually, having a C&R lets you cut out the dealer. For other weapons, you get them sent to a dealer in your state. With C&R weapons, they get transfered directly to you. It saves you about 9 months and 200 dollars.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#23]
How did it save you 9 months
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

They take about 6 to 9 months to transfer. A non-C&R weapon will take that time to transfer twice. Mine only had to transfer once.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you were buying it from a private seller, it would have to be transferred to Class III dealer, then to you right, so each time it would take 9months on the paperwork correct??  I assume?

Like I said I don't have any MG's, so I'm not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They take about 6 to 9 months to transfer. A non-C&R weapon will take that time to transfer twice. Mine only had to transfer once.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two 45 autos . One on the C&R and the other on a trust .
Each took about 6 months to receive . The non C&R was transferred to a Class 3 dealer immediately from seller
and I received it from him about 6 months later upon receiving the stamp .
The C&R did save on transfer fees though .
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this a fully functional MG???
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

My guess is yes.. you can buy them - lots of paperwork and a lot of $$
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think OP paid $12K for a paperweight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top