Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 1:43:36 PM EDT
As I wait for my first garand from CMP(greek field grade) and it's only been a week since I received notice of receipt of order(talked to their customer service to clarify order, nice bunch of people). I have been going to the local shop to drool over the garands they have in stock.

I found one garand(650$) that had a comercial barrel(genoeese ill. marked, new) springfield receiver and other parts(looks like all GI issue serial # 5xxxxxx range with good park. job).

Now my question is- The stock appeared to be painted black, can it be stripped of the black paint or just replace the stock?

I can't afford to get it but would like advice for possibilities in the future.
Just tring to expand my knowlegde base while I wait for my rifle.
thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the stock but, since you are a CMP member, I wouldn't see ANY reason to go with commercial Springfield Armory brand garands. The receivers are cast and may be fine quality but, why pay more when you are able to get the real thing from the CMP for generally less money

Enjoy your rifle when it arrives from the CMP and I'd recommend going back if the collection needs to grow as garanitis sets in.

I started with a Greek HRA SG, picked up a backordered US SA SG just prior to the holidays(8 month backorder), and just got the confirmation that my orders are processing on and IHC and WRA SG's.

Hopefully, I can slow down some now..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top