Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/30/2003 8:40:07 PM EDT
I had the day off from work today so I went to the local gun shop to browse around. I looked at a couple of rem 870s and thought, I'd like to pick one of these up one day. This shop is quite proud of their stuff. On the way home I stopped in at the pawn shop and found a Remington 870 express syn. mag. in perfect condition for 150. bucks. I couldent pass it up. Now comes the fun part, accessories. One thing I want to change right off is the barrel. Does anyone know of a good source that I can get an 18in. barrel online?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:24:25 PM EDT
www.centerfiresystems.com

This guy has Remington 870 18" barrels with a tritium site for like $90 right now. Best deal I have seen.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2003 10:28:35 PM EDT by TheFNG]
Oh and BTW I didnt see them on his site, they were in the catalog give em a call.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:51:36 AM EDT
I believe what TheFNG meant to say was you can get them here: www.cdnninvestments.com/

Or more specifically, here: www.cdnninvestments.com/remington5.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:08:13 AM EDT
Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:19:40 PM EDT
You saved the money on the gun. Now spend a little extra cash and buy a Vang Comp barrel.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:03:53 PM EDT
Whats the deal with the vang comp barrel? Where can I find one?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:18:44 PM EDT
Found them. They are a little expensive for my taste. This will just be for home protection. I'm thinking about a folding stock, I've seen a ton. Do any of you have any personal experience with any particular styles or brand?. I like the look of the top folders.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:10:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By para-bush15:
Found them. They are a little expensive for my taste. This will just be for home protection. I'm thinking about a folding stock, I've seen a ton. Do any of you have any personal experience with any particular styles or brand?. I like the look of the top folders.

I don't see the need in a folding stock, unless you need to save space while storing the weapon.

Vang Comp is expensive, but I've found over the years that there is a reason why the best charge more. For me, I want to know where every pellet is going especially for a home defense shotgun. You are liable for every pellet that leave the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:34:32 PM EDT
Thats a NEGATIVE they are on the second page of the current Centerfire Systems newspaper type catolog, for $89.97. Your pick of three different types of TRITIUM front site.
Top Top