Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:57:45 PM EDT
Finally took the plunge and got my own M1A Scout.

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/1517/m1a0nh.jpg

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8924/miacloseup1wp.jpg

As you can see I went with the synthetic stock route over the stock walnut. I will refinish the walnut stock and make it pop out a bit more for display purposes; but as far as shooting is concern I will be using the synthetic as shown.

This will be my fun plinker. I am gearing up to do a full USGI Tanker (probably from LRB and assembled by my local smith) a few months from now. That project should include a plethora of toys. This one however is a bare bones basic rifle.

This weekend shoot is going to be interesting. My AR with an LMT MRP upper and Acog next to this puppy. Along side will be a dozen or so other rifle from a few friends; we're gonna have a FAL vs. M1A competition. Going to be fun
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Whos stock, I am a newbie to these m1a's.  I bought a used one a while back with a birch stock and I have been looking at Freds.  What are the other options (not sage and McMillian either!)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So sweet!

I've recently got the itch for a synthetic stocked scoiut. Nobody local has one in stock though.

That thing looks like it will be fun to shoot. I want one because they look fun (think quick, close quarters drills) and they should be more than capable deer rifles.

Congratulations on the purchase!

edited to add: Oh yeah, it'll make one HELL of a nice home protection tool!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Verrrynice!

A Bush/Scout M1A in an OD USGI synthetic stock is the nuts IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top