Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 6:00:35 AM EDT
I just purchased a Knight in-line black powder rifle and I have questions, but unfortunately my friend whom I purchased the rifle from can’t answer any of them, as he inherited the rifle and knows absolutely nothing about it. I know it uses the DISC system with 109 primers, but which one? The only information stamped on the rifle is “.50 Cal, DISC” Apparently they now have an enhanced DISC system. How do I determine which one I have? I would like to use triple 7 pellets for the sake of simplicity, as it will be used almost exclusively for deer hunting. Do you see any issues with using such a propellant?  Any other pointer/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you meant 209 primers.  You can buy the discs at a gun store.  Triple Seven, Pyrodex, others all work fine.  I am a huge fan of Powebelt bullets.  For deer, I would use the lighter weight ones and leave the heavier for elk.  Enjoy muzzle loading.  It is the first good gun hunt of the year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. you're right, I meant 209 primers. Any idea how to tell if I have the old or newer style DISC system? As they use diffeent discs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top