Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2014 8:14:05 AM EDT
A friend e-mailed me this link this morning.
IR Hunter scope

No idea on the quality, very little info on pricing and the website has a lot of missing info but it is a new design using traditional scope turrets and claims to have a lot of digital features built in.

It is exciting to see new players coming into the consumer thermal market. I expect the next year or two will see a lot of competition in thermals with great products at great prices. I think the age of 'thermal for the masses' is finally arriving.

For me the new FLIR ThermoSight R scope has hit my price and feature point and comes from a company of known quality. I will be buying one once they hit the shelves.
No doubt things are changing quickly and I expect to see a lot more heated thermal discussion on this forum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:19:32 AM EDT
I saw these at SHOT but like a fool I never bothered to look through one to see how good the LCD is.

Their brochure had some nice features listed and the body style was attractive as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:34:58 AM EDT
Any idea what the price starts at on these?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:56:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2014 8:57:27 AM EDT by TheHorta]
Their website is still a work in progress -- many broken / dead links and pages missing information. No hint at pricing, etc.

In light of the FLIR RS line and the utter lack of creditable information on "IR Defense" I'll hold onto my checkbook until either they mature and get some credibility, or pop for an RS when they hit the street (probably the latter).
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:58:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2014 9:03:24 AM EDT by akethan]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheHorta:
Their website is still a work in progress -- many broken / dead links and pages missing information. No hint at pricing, etc.

In light of the FLIR RS line and the utter lack of creditable information on "IR Defense" I'll hold onto my checkbook until either they mature and get some credibility, or pop for an RS when they hit the street (probably the latter).
View Quote

Sorry I thought it was FLIR

http://www.flir.com/thermoSightR-Series/

I think I'm going to buy an RS32
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:59:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pighunterben:
Any idea what the price starts at on these?
View Quote

Starting at $5k.
If they want to sell product they will need to price compete with FLIR and the rest of the companies selling in this market.

I smell a price war coming (or a lot of companies dropping out).
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:00:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheHorta:

View Quote

I thought I said all of that in my post.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:16:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Rich_V:
Starting at $5k.
If they want to sell product they will need to price compete with FLIR and the rest of the companies selling in this market.

View Quote

I don't- there's apparently only one source for senors, FLIR.  All the other housing/software MFGs seem to produce product on a turn-key basis anyway.  Wake me up when that changes or FLIR advances to per-pixel detection software.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:29:39 AM EDT
I thought I said all of that in my post.
View Quote

Two thumbs up for redundancy?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:37:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2014 9:56:16 AM EDT by Rich_V]
Originally Posted By Smatthew:

I don't- there's apparently only one source for senors, FLIR.  All the other housing/software MFGs seem to produce product on a turn-key basis anyway.  Wake me up when that changes or FLIR advances to per-pixel detection software.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Starting at $5k.

The FLIR core is just a part of the cost for thermal so there is room for cutting price. There is also a lot of room for innovative features to compete such as turrets for adjustment.
FLIR just fired the first shot in what may be a "price war" with the ThermoSight R series. ATN, Armasight and the rest now need to compete with the FLIR commercial division.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:42:22 AM EDT
I must admit, I do like the form factor of this one! I've only ever briefly handled a few thermal units, but disliked the push button interface every time. Having real adjustable turrets will make this far more useable to many shooters, especially older, less tech savvy folks (the kind of guys who are often the BEST hunters/woodsmen, too)
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:58:13 AM EDT
The FLIR core is just a part of the cost for thermal so there is room for cutting price.
FLIR just fired the first shot in what may be a "price war" with the ThermoSight R series. ATN, Armasight and the rest now need to compete with the FLIR commercial division.
View Quote

A price war against a supplier?  I've never seen one that amounted to anything unless there was a competing supplier but what do I know?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:04:59 AM EDT

The FLIR core is just a part of the cost for thermal so there is room for cutting price. There is also a lot of room for innovative features to compete such as turrets for adjustment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Starting at $5k.

Funny that if anyone states anything different the thread just disappears...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:15:39 AM EDT
Their video from SHOT says it starts at $4k. Glad we have options and there will be competition in this market. should see some great innovations in the next couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
Top Top