Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2003 8:29:28 PM EDT
Well, I got my scout out and shootin' yesterday, and all I can say is DAMN THATS COOL! All you guys who said get a aimpoint, you don't know what your missing. I put the Leupold scout scope on, and it definately beats the aimpoint out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Not when it comes to speedy target aquisition.
No way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno man, Ive used plenty of aimpoint, and I think this has them beat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
In terms of quickness....
...not possible.

Distance shooting, beyond 100m, perhaps.

But there is no doubt that the aimpoint is the finst CQB, quick aquisition scope for the M1A scout.

To say otherwise is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
To say otherwise is opinion. Personally, I think this is just as fast.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You're saying that a magnified scope, crosshaired, Leuopold...
...is faster than an Aimpoint in terms of target aquisition?

Interesting.

In my opinion, a 1975 AMC Gremlin is faster than a 2001 Dodge Viper.
It's my opinion.
How dare you say it's wrong.

There are two CQB optics that contend for "best", depending on preference...
...the EOTech and the Aimpoint.
The EOTech CANNOT be mounted properly on an M14.
The Aimpoint can. Nice and close to the bore.

The Leupold is an OUTSTANDING scout mounted scope.
Not as fast as the Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I use both on mine. I switch them out depending on what type of shooting I am doing. The Aimpoint is definitely quicker for shooting plates and in low light out to 100 meters. The Leupold is also very fast and more precise.  I use the Leupold for hunting. It is perfect for quick, exact shot placement. When I want to shoot multiple targets the aimpoint is the way to go. It's easier to move from one target to the next without any magnification. The dot is also easier to keep in focus during the transition from target to target. If I were to sell one it would be the Aimpoint.
The Leupold is more versatile and still pretty darn fast.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why cant the Eotech be properly mounted on the Scout? i was hoping to use this set up on mine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
What about an AMC Gremlin with a really sweet 454 under the hood????

I always wanted to take one ( a Gremlin )and turn the back into a giant aquarium...then beef up the suspension and drive around with a bunch of decorative Kopi Goldfish swimming around in it or maybe a shark.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why cant the Eotech be properly mounted on the Scout? i was hoping to use this set up on mine.

because the mount is integral, and dedicated to the M16 platform.
The only option would be the ARMS mount, and that's just too high.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

because the mount is integral, and dedicated to the M16 platform.
The only option would be the ARMS mount, and that's just too high.

just got the latest SOF magazine(June) and it has an article about the latest SAR show and there is a small paragraph about Eotechs latest versions that is "designed to fit on any Weaver style rail" maybe this would work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe.
But the ARMS mount allows it to "fit" on any rail.
It still puts it way too high.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I take that back.
It is possible.
It will still be a bit high, though.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Speed...It seems that this topic assumes that the two rifles, one with the Aimpoint and another with a 2.5 x Leupold IER are in the same state of readiness. Most of the shooters I know, that use the excellent Aimpoint, always have to turn it on, no matter what Pat Rogers says. This goes a long way in slowing down the Aimpoint, and that isn't an opinion.
I have heard a lot about 10000 hours on the new Aimpoint but I have never met anyone that never turns his or her Aimpoint off.
Of course it's all moot anyway since the ACOG with the BDC is better than both teehee
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
The Aimpoint ML2 does not have an off button... only a "higher" or "lower" intensity switch.  The others do have "off" positions.

Not all your shots will be taken with 0 seconds warning.... (the percentage is debatable but I think it is safe to say it is low) ... and not all your shots will be taken with at least a few to 10s of seconds (the percentage is debatable but I think it is safe to say it is high).
... or is this too much analysis?  Either way the ML2 covers my needs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#16]
No doubt, the Aimpoint is bad ass
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#17]
hmmm... interesting ...

I had absolutely no problem mounting the EOTech on my Norinco with the Scout Mount....

I wonder what I did wrong ...

Ted...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Isn't it a bit high?
As well as a bit bulky?

If you like it, that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I did a night shoot last night. I couldn't see my recticle at all with the scout scope. I took the aimpoint off my AR, and used it. I was shooting at silouets at 100 yards with glow sticks on the heads. I had a pretty good sight picture with the aimpoint. It wasn't zeroed for the M1A though, so I didn't hit much. But it was a lot of fun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top