Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
After purchasing a russian capture German K98, I was bit by the C & R bug. Last month I traded some old 20rd GI M16 mags for a Russian M44 Mosin Nagant (1946). Yesterday I picked up a Savage Enfield MK.4 No.1*

I have a lot of work to do on all three weapons. They need a real thorough cleaning, especially the Savage Enfield.

Here is the surplus collection so far:

I applied for my C & R back in December and haven't heard anything yet.

The K98 is a Sauer & Sohns 1944 Russian capture with waffen amps intact. Stock and receiver numbers are the only ones that match. The sling is an original that I bought off of ebay for $60.00 (ouch).

The Mosin-Nagant M44 I got by trading some used 20 rd GI AR-15 magazines to a local gunshop. It is 1946 production. All numbers match. I really wanted one dated somewhere in WWII but I can't complain for no money out of pocket.

The Savage No.4 Mk.1* appears to be a late war since it does not have a date on it. All parts have a visible "S" exept for magazine exterior. I don't know if the magazine exteriors are supposed to be marked or not. The magazine follower has an "S" in a box.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
youve made very good choices, i wish my first 3 buys were as good/smart as yours. took me 2 years into my license to finally start picking up enfields and k98's
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
My next purchase will be 1917 or 1903. My intent from this point on is to stick to American firearms but I know I will probably not stick to it.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
After getting your C&R you might think about picking up other versions of the Mosin Nagants.  They can still be had for very little money (less than $100, sometimes as little as $60)  That way you won't be saying, in 10 years or so, "man I wish I had picked up some of those MNs when they were only $70 each".

The same for some of the Enfields, you might want to pick up some other versions while they are available.  These things have a way of coming and going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top