Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:54:50 PM EDT
Hello all.  I've lurked in the shadows long enough.

I had an idea I wanna run by y'all (Yes I am from KY)  

First the problem:  I wear a duty belt at work with all the stuff that I need on it.  I also have a Bug Out Vest (BOV) that has an identical set up (for continuity) attached to it.  I needed to find a way to keep all the stuff that I already have on my duty belt w/o waisting time transfering all the stuff from one rig to the other.  My vest has the keeper type straps w/ snaps attached to it.  They already have a hard enough time just going around the duty belt.  If I tried to keep my duty belt on and attach the vest to it (when needed) it would take longer weaving the snaps in and around the duty belt and not the inner belt, than it would just to take it off and switch everything.

My idea.  Although I already wear a velcro inner belt, I also use keepers.  I figure I could add a small "D" ring to the top of each keeper, then replace the ones on the BOV w/ fastner like the ones on an old style "H" harness.  This way when needed, all I need do is put on the vest, and secure the snaps to the rings.

Take less than 10 seconds!have
I've seen leg subloads attach to the belt this way but not a vest.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
First off- Welcome OFCJAX

Second- If it works for you go with it
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Has ANYONE seen this type of thing on a production or custom vest/rig?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top