Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
I discovered today that thermal will work through several layers of shrink wrap. Last Fall I wrapped some shrink wrap around part of my roll cage on my Kawasaki Mule. While out on the back part of my timber today I was playing around with the Seek Reveal that I picked awhile back, and as I went past the shrink wrap I was able to see fairly clear images through  about 4 layers of it.

I know that it won't work through glass, plexiglass, or vinyl. But will work through screens as is easy to understand. Shrink wrap is a new one!

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:40:52 PM EDT
Infared waves travel through thin plastic.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:26:28 PM EDT
There is a ton of literature available describing thermal cameras in preventive maintenance industrial, and in scientific applications.
Spending a little time reading those will easily triple the usefulness of your gear.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:00:23 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a ton of literature available describing thermal cameras in preventive maintenance industrial, and in scientific applications.
Spending a little time reading those will easily triple the usefulness of your gear.
View Quote

Would you be so kind as to post a link or two?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:04:54 AM EDT
Take a look at thermalradar.com

They have a product that sweeps a Tau 360 and stitches the image together.  The Tau is protected by a thin plastic cylinder, very little loss in sensitivity as far as I can tell from playing with one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:14:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a look at thermalradar.com

They have a product that sweeps a Tau 360 and stitches the image together.  The Tau is protected by a thin plastic cylinder, very little loss in sensitivity as far as I can tell from playing with one.
View Quote

That is freaking cool depending on the price of the Flir Quark I might try to DIY something like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top