Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/13/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
I discovered today that thermal will work through several layers of shrink wrap. Last Fall I wrapped some shrink wrap around part of my roll cage on my Kawasaki Mule. While out on the back part of my timber today I was playing around with the Seek Reveal that I picked awhile back, and as I went past the shrink wrap I was able to see fairly clear images through about 4 layers of it.

I know that it won't work through glass, plexiglass, or vinyl. But will work through screens as is easy to understand. Shrink wrap is a new one!

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:40:52 PM EDT
Infared waves travel through thin plastic.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:26:28 PM EDT
There is a ton of literature available describing thermal cameras in preventive maintenance industrial, and in scientific applications.
Spending a little time reading those will easily triple the usefulness of your gear.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:00:23 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Feeble-Prize:
There is a ton of literature available describing thermal cameras in preventive maintenance industrial, and in scientific applications.
Spending a little time reading those will easily triple the usefulness of your gear.
View Quote

Would you be so kind as to post a link or two?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:04:54 AM EDT
Take a look at thermalradar.com

They have a product that sweeps a Tau 360 and stitches the image together. The Tau is protected by a thin plastic cylinder, very little loss in sensitivity as far as I can tell from playing with one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:14:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BushmanLA:
Take a look at thermalradar.com

They have a product that sweeps a Tau 360 and stitches the image together. The Tau is protected by a thin plastic cylinder, very little loss in sensitivity as far as I can tell from playing with one.
View Quote

That is freaking cool depending on the price of the Flir Quark I might try to DIY something like this
Top Top