Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 12/10/2013 1:54:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 2:07:23 AM EDT by JPD158]
Check cashed 2/26/13
Pending 04/12/13
Approved 12/02/13
Arrived 12/07/13

Illinois Finally allowed SBR's this year and I got my stamp back over the weekend!

Spikes Lower/LPK/Bolt/HBuffer
Yankee Hill Upper/Rail
Daniel Defense 11.5 Barrel
Troy BUIS
CTR Stock
Surefire mini-scout
Aimpoint M2

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:31:52 AM EDT
Nice! I have two form 1s (SBRs) and three form 4s (suppressors) pending and all submitted within the last 40 days or so. I'm not sure if posts like yours make the wait stretching out before me easier or harder.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:49:24 AM EDT
Congrats OP! You are probably within the first 100, probably less, to have a legal SBR in the Land of Lincoln. Can you elaborate on any extraneous requirements? If I remember, only individuals can own them and you have to have a C&R license as well. I only ask because I am originally from IL and go home now and then. Keeping residence in TX, I might just be able to 5323 it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:41:22 PM EDT
Need the C&R FFL to own the SBR in Illinois. I went CLEO as it seems unclear if a trust can own a C&R. Other than that it was just a long ass wait!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:43:11 PM EDT
Very nice SBR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:02:34 PM EDT
Nice. Waiting patiently for mine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:57:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPD158:
Need the C&R FFL to own the SBR in Illinois.
View Quote

We used to have that requirement in MO.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:24:28 PM EDT
Congrats ! It's been a long time coming !
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:32:55 PM EDT
Why does it take so long for them to approve the stamp.  I don't mean to hijack your thread, as I'm an Illinois resident as well and will probably go down this road before Illinois figured out what they have done.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:07:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LessThanZero:
Why does it take so long for them to approve the stamp.  I don't mean to hijack your thread, as I'm an Illinois resident as well and will probably go down this road before Illinois figured out what they have done.
View Quote

It's an inherently inefficient process to begin with (no electronic submissions until recently), there was a huge spike in applications following the Newtown shooting, and it was always designed to discourage ownership of NFA items, so there is limited political will to improve things.

Wasn't sure from your post if you already knew this, but this isn't IL specific.  Many of us in different states have been waiting just as long as the OP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:40:38 AM EDT
Does this mean I can finally bring my SBR's over to Illinois?

Congrats BTW.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:54:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By UM-Iceman:

It's an inherently inefficient process to begin with (no electronic submissions until recently), there was a huge spike in applications following the Newtown shooting, and it was always designed to discourage ownership of NFA items, so there is limited political will to improve things.

Wasn't sure from your post if you already knew this, but this isn't IL specific.  Many of us in different states have been waiting just as long as the OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UM-Iceman:
Originally Posted By LessThanZero:

Thank you, yes I knew it wasn't IL specific.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:30:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DCMoney:

Does this mean I can finally bring my SBR's over to Illinois?

Congrats BTW.
View Quote
I would imagine it is the same as MO was when it had the FFL (i.e. C&R requirement).  You would need to have a valid C&R FFL prior to a 5320.20 being approved.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:39:12 PM EDT
It's beautiful. Well worth the wait
Top Top