Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/30/2005 1:20:19 PM EDT
I went on Rhineland's site today (first time in a couple months) and saw this announcement:

"Rhineland Arms is proud to introduce our next product line. This will be a line of patented Para stocks for the Ruger 10/22 rifle and other similar rifles. We are sure there is nothing else out there like this, so keep a eye out. Features include Rhineland Modularity, machined solid billet aluminum components, Mil-Spec finish and a price well under $100.

ETA December 5th 2005"

I know that the 5th is only next week... but have there been any leaks of info yet about what type of 'para' stock to expect (folding, collapsing, etc.)?  Are these similar to/part of the "MP5" clone project?

If these turn out as good-looking as their other stuff, I may need to look into a pre-ban 10/22 (thanks a lot, New York).

-F7
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You now know as much about them as any of the rest of us.

I've got the 5th circled on my calendar, too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
This sounds interesting, but I would WAY rather see the MP5 R22.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Welcome to Rhineland Arms. We are a firearms manufacture specializing in 45acp conversion kits for the Mauser and Enfield rifles as well as precision .22 rimfire rifles. Coming December 5th 2005, a new line of Para-Trooper stocks for popular rimfire rifles.  All Rhineland items are made in Texas.

It may well be the MP5 stock doesn't really give much info does it....could be some copy right issues with calling it an MP5 R22 Stock, so maybe this is part of solving that issuehing

Matt
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what I was thinking, too - this may be a part shared with the MP5 style R22.  Folding or collapsing... hmmm.  I like Rhineland's styling, should be cool in any case.  Hopefully we'll find out on Monday!

-F7
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, here it is the 5th.  I don't see anything new on the RA site.

I wonder when they will have pics up?

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Just saw this....hopefully pics later today.

This is a new line of stocks for the 10/22 and 597 rifles. The stock is  a system with the primary component being the central chassis. The chassis allows for the use of completely different stocks, pistol grips and foreword mounting systems. The Chassis is machined from solid billet aluminum and on the 10/22 model features a cam system so that the same chassis can be used for bull barrels or standard factory barrels without worry of the action sagging in the stock.

This stock system will be introduced first with the AR15 stock and pistol grips, followed by a sliding type stock similar to other German made submachine guns.

December 5th 2005

With any luck we will have pictures posted today.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just saw this....hopefully pics later today.

This is a new line of stocks for the 10/22 and 597 rifles. The stock is  a system with the primary component being the central chassis. The chassis allows for the use of completely different stocks, pistol grips and foreword mounting systems. The Chassis is machined from solid billet aluminum and on the 10/22 model features a cam system so that the same chassis can be used for bull barrels or standard factory barrels without worry of the action sagging in the stock.

This stock system will be introduced first with the AR15 stock and pistol grips, followed by a sliding type stock similar to other German made submachine guns.

December 5th 2005

With any luck we will have pictures posted today.

They are rapidly running out of "Today".  Maybe Tuesday...

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]

They are rapidly running out of "Today". Maybe Tuesday...

That is what I was thinking.

I'm pathetic, I have been checking about every hour....can you say "Get a life HK_DUDE"
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
delay!!!!!

on hold for a week

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]
HK-Dude is my fav
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
so tagged!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged

Woody
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#15]
The least thing they could do is put up a picture.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweet, I hope I can pop on some AICS skins!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Crap

I hate waiting.

This week is going by too slow.  

<----me dreaming about this new stock
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#18]
New pics of the 5.7 are on the site....w0ot
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#19]
It's now Thursday...
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Coming  December  2005

December 5th 2005

Currently on hold for one week.

the part that says Surrently on hold for one week was put there on the 5th so that means
7 + 5 = 12

12-12-05
check back then
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#21]
no pictures (i've asked them directly several times)... delays after delays after delays (at least for the MP5 style rifle), kinda starting to wonder if these things even exist.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
no pictures (i've asked them directly several times)... delays after delays after delays (at least for the MP5 style rifle), kinda starting to wonder if these things even exist.

Yeah Rhineland.  What's the deal?  Why don't you want pics of this new product out there prior to production so that others can start trying to go ahead and make them?  Why don't you rush some half-assed product out there to the masses so that there can be unfound design flaws that require you to take them back and rework them?  

mtykim, take a chill.  R&D is a slow process if it is done correctly.  Rhineland is a fairly new company, and they surely don't need to jeapordize their position in the industry by doing either of the above.  Patience is a virtue.

Woody
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Yeah Rhineland. What's the deal? Why don't you want pics of this new product out there prior to production so that others can start trying to go ahead and make them? Why don't you rush some half-assed product out there to the masses so that there can be unfound design flaws that require you to take them back and rework them?

mtykim, take a chill. R&D is a slow process if it is done correctly. Rhineland is a fairly new company, and they surely don't need to jeapordize their position in the industry by doing either of the above. Patience is a virtue.

Woody

Quoted For Truth!

CHILL OUT PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#24]
OK... OK... maybe i'm being too harsh.  just a little anxious to see what the MP5 R22 and 10/22 stock will look like.  i've been waiting many months on the MP5 R22 like everyone else.  just wondering if i should expect the same for the 10/22 stock.

you should know though that an email i got from rhineland (about 2 weeks ago) was that they were waiting for some new CNC machines to start production on the 10/22 stock.  it seemed that the 5th was a bit otimistic for a product launch.

hope we don't see a posting on the 12th of another delay.

by the way, so you think rhineland arms is trying to avoid someone from copying their copy of the MP5?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Tommorow is 1 week one!

(im not counting sown the days too much) Matt
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Tommorow is 1 week one!

(im not counting sown the days too much)

Matt

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Tommorow is 1 week one!

(im not counting sown the days too much)

Matt

Don't hold your breath.  The MP5 version of the R22 has been delayed a BUNCH of times, and we haven't seen it yet.  They have basically missed their current deadline of Christmas (if they plan on having them in peoples hands in time for Christmas).

RA tends to take their time.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#28]
picture is now up on the rhineland website... sad to say they posted a notice of yet another delay.  having now seen it, it is nice but i think i'll keep on waiting for the R22 MP5.

anyhow, here it is:

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Very cool... seems like a bit overkill for a 10/22 stock, but cool nonetheless.  Now we just need to wait for the 'paratrooper' stock.    We're never satisfied, are we?  Thanks for posting the pic, mtykim.

-F7
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#30]
i was thinking this stock kit looked a little familiar.  i was going through some old threads and found a prototype built by Static17.  he posted this picture of his back in may.  not identical but similar.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks good - same idea of mounting an AR-15 stock.

I wonder if the Rhineland chassis will accept something like an ACE skeleton stock

It's nice to have some new and different options for stocks on the 10/22...

-F7
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I like it....I'm on board!

The Evolution stock that you pictured is from RB Precision and runs $199 with just the top rail. As far as I know, you can't just change pistol grips around. It's very nice....don't get me wrong.

The Rhineland one is predicted to sell for $75 with no rails. You can change grips around (it looks that way)...I like how the RA one has more of an extended forearm area also. The price is sure right! I already spoke to RA and he is going to contact me for CC info when the stocks start shipping. I will get at least one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#33]
nice.

very nice.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#34]
It has a cleaner look than the RBP Stock, which I always found to bulky looking.  For the price, I'm in for one.  Nice job.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I want to see how the "cam system" works...
I'd use a .920 bbl. and want to know if its totally free-floated, or if there's room for bedding, ect.  

The thing that I don't like about the RBP ones, are that there nothing supporting the bbl.  Using a 20" non-fluted (FULLY FREE-FLOATED) bull barrel would seem like alot of stress on the reciever.
I'd at least like to have a few inches of barrel channel to bed.  

I think it looks VERY nice and clean.  I'd use a fixed stock though.  
I'll wait till next year when people have some built up, so I don't have to be the guinea pig.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't help it, I am excited.......my future SBR???? Do these pics make anyone else think of a pump shotgun, or is it just me?

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#37]
yea i thought that too
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder what the folks at RB Precision think of these.  They look a little too similar to me.

Abe
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is another stock set up we are working on for the base chassis. Just remove a rear bracket and install the target stock. This is just a mock up for now.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#40]
RA,

Will the front rails be available from you at an extra charge? (sublimminal)low cost(sublimminal)
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Here is another stock set up we are working on for the base chassis. Just remove a rear bracket and install the target stock. This is just a mock up for now.

holy shit batman!

AWESOME.  

RhinelandArms, will this stock have a barrel channel supporting the barrel???
Will it be totally free-floated???  I'm hoping to be able to have a channel that I can bed a few inches...
I don't like totally floating a heavy bull barrel, and putting extra weight/stress on the reciever.  

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I like it....I'm on board!

The Evolution stock that you pictured is from RB Precision and runs $199 with just the top rail. As far as I know, you can't just change pistol grips around. It's very nice....don't get me wrong.

The Rhineland one is predicted to sell for $75 with no rails. You can change grips around (it looks that way)...I like how the RA one has more of an extended forearm area also. The price is sure right! I already spoke to RA and he is going to contact me for CC info when the stocks start shipping. I will get at least one.

I'm pretty certain the Evolution will take any stock and grip that will fit on an AR, since it has the same attachment points.  Not sure if the RA version will take a standard A2 stock since the rear doesn’t look to have the same profile as an AR lower.

I do like the lines on it better than the Evo, though.  The price is attractive, too, even if you have to buy the rails separately.  I might have to get another 10/22 to try this out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Taggage.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]
The Evo will take any stock, agreed....but if I remember correctly, the pistol grip has 2 pins on it to attach it...or something like that. You are maybe right...I do not know for sure.

The RA doesn't look like it will take an A2 stock, that is fine with me...actually, that is one part of  Evo stock that I do not like...the hump that sticks down to accept the "Button" on the A2 stock or M4 lock plate....it kind of looks funny to ne when the M4 stock is in place.

I may have to buy a new designated 10/22 for this one.  Again, I am quite excited.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#45]
You can bed the front to support the longer heavier barrels, you can also use a set screw as there is a holt just under the front end of the barrel. There is about 1/16" gap. Also, you can use 1" suppressors with any length shorty barrel.

The cam is just a built in lever that supports the receiver in the rear and keeps it from tilting foreward. This was done because the barrels are true free float, it is a very rigid system.

The darn Mp5 buttplate is still giving me fits, I cant design one that looks good and is easy to make. It will come to me.

We are now making scope rails, the first ones were 6"long but I think we will move to 8" as they look better.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The darn Mp5 buttplate is still giving me fits, I cant design one that looks good and is easy to make. It will come to me.

I'm a designer (of nothing as fun as guns, but close) so I know that feeling.  A good coffee or a good beer tend to get my imagination going.  The modular chassis is a great idea, and the target rifle looks fantastic - even the ergonomics look good in the picture.  Looking forward to seeing the sliding stock model, particularly mounted on one of the new 10/22 carbine-barrel rifles.  Thanks for seeing the niche in the market and working hard to fill it.

-F7
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Now that one definitely has my attention....

Woody
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder how the chassis would look with the ACE Ultra light stock? I'm assuming the stock will still need a buffer tube?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I just looked, the Ace stocks will fit but the brackets they tend to use to lock the tube to the receiver will get in the way of the web of your hand. If you can use a standard AR15 stock nut on them that would be perfect.

Also, we will have a bracket you can use on the rear to use the ACE side folders or even the stock off the Ramline side folder stock.

This stuff is all being made now, so no long waiting times.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Also, we will have a bracket you can use on the rear to use the ACE side folders or even the stock off the Ramline side folder stock.

Sounds like a winner to me.  I like the Ace side folders.

So, with no "Female" area for a lock plate of the M4 style stock, is there anyway to assure it wll stay tight and perfectical vertical? Do you just rely on 2 lock rings tightened against each other to keep it aligned?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top